Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Free to a good home

I cleaned out and organized my holiday stuff yesterday. It was the first time since I've been married that I had it all out. Most of it has been in storage until this year. 


There were a lot of "Why did I keep that?" finds and a few, "I'm so glad I found this" finds. I threw out a lot of stuff, things that aren't our style or that none of us have an emotional connection to. I'm far more likely to keep a tacky craft project with my kid's picture in it than something gorgeous crystal spindly thing when I have no memory of where it came from.


Anyway, among my things, I found some of my mom's old decorations. I like them, but she loved the folk art style and around here we do glittery and shiny. I normally just donate stuff like this, but I have a lot of memories of these things hanging in our house. My brother and sister won't want or need them, but I'm reluctant just to stick them in the Goodwill box.


Would you or someone you know enjoy something like this in your home? I'll send it to you, no charge, just so I know they're going somewhere they'll be enjoyed and not just to a cast-off bin. (Possibly I've watched too much Toy Story.)



Anyway, there's a a pilgrim and his lady wife for Thanksgiving (or maybe his trashy mistress, I don't know. She's showing a lot of leg):





There's also some Christmas stuff. If you like it, it's a package deal. As in I send it all to you in one package, my expense. I just want them adopted.




Merry Christmas. I'm off to listen to some Bing Crosby and Ho (ho ho) up the joint!


P.S. Don't forget, you can win a copy of Jana's book, What Think Ye of Christmas, by commenting on the previous post.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

They are very homey!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I think this is a great way to pass them on!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That's the kid of stuff my mum decorates with...made me smile. We've yet to find our style around here. It's a weird mix of burgundy and gold (mine) and silver and blue and snowmen (ours). The burgundy is definitely losing. Ah well, maybe in another decade or two.

I love how you're passing these things on...finding them a good home. So sweet.

Kazzy said...

Sweet of you to look for a good home for your mom's stuff.

That pilgrim lady does look a bit friendly...

LisAway said...

"I'm far more likely to keep a tacky craft project with my kid's picture in it than something gorgeous crystal spindly thing when I have no memory of where it came from." The definition of motherhood. Love that. Hope those cute decorations find a happy home.

Anonymous said...

I would love to be the home they went to. I actually have zero thanksgiving decorations and I love snowman so much that I have like one decoration of Santa.