Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Book Trek: My List




I decided to join a summer reading challenge over at the LDS Ficiton blog. You just list the books you want to read and then....you do. I can do that. It looks like fun and I'm curious to see what great finds come out of reading other people's lists and following their suggestions. Last time I did something similar I ended up meeting my husband.....but that's another blog post for another time.

Starting with the list of newer fiction I just bought (I have a serious shopping problem but only when near a bookstore or cute shoes)


1. Spare Change, Aubrey Mace (done)
2. Fool Me Twice, Stephanie Black
3. Freefall, Tracy Hunter Abramson
4. Makeover, Shannon Guymon
5. Spires of Stone, Annette Lyon
6. Keeping Keller, Tracy Winegar
7. The Santa Letters, Susan Gooch Anderson
8. The First Year, Crystal Liechty
9. Finding Faith, Terry Ferran
10. The Counterfeit, Robison Wells
11. A Modest Proposal, Michelle Ashman Bell


My sister has a shelf full of LDS fiction that she toted down for me in her suitcase the last time she came to visit. I've read about fifteen of those in the last couple of months and so far pilfering her LDS stash has lead to some unexpected and welcome finds.

Here's my list from my sister's loans (based on the order they were stacked on my shelf, in the spirit of staying totally random):

1. Until Proven Guilty, Besty Brannon Green
2. The Operative, Willard Boyd Gardner
3. Rules of Engagement, Stephanie Fowers
4. No Way Out, Christine Kersey
5. A View from the Attic Window, Alene Roberts
6. Unknown Enemy, Karl Goodman
7. Cover Up, Clair M. Poulson
8. The Perfect Plan, Jeri Gilchrist
9. Elantris, Brandon Sanderson
10. Mistborn, Brandon Sanderson
11. Well of Ascension, Brandon Sanderson
12. Beyond Perfection, Erin McBride and Juli Caldwell

And since this is my second blog post ever, I'll ask my computer programmer husband to explain to me how to add all the cute pictures and doohickeys to my own blog page, but for now, I've got some books to crack!

3 comments:

Karlene said...

I loved Fool Me Twice. I've also read Spires of Stone and liked it. I heard Spare Change was cute, but I haven't read it. I have Freefall on my list too.

LDS_Publisher said...

You have a great list. I've read several of them. Freefall is on my list too. Thanks for participating and happy reading!

Karlene said...

Hi Melanie. Just wanted to let you know, I'm hosting my second annual Summer Reading Thing over on my blog. It starts this Friday, June 20th. The rules are similar to this one, very easy and you can use this same book list to double your chance at prizes. Hope you'll join me.