Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dream on

Hello? Is it me you're looking for? I'm lonely. Except if Kenny's home. Or the baby is awake. Or James is done with school. But I'm going to be lonely for like, the next hour, just so you know.

Yesterday this guy was walking down Main Street with a parrot on his shoulder. Or maybe a macaw. Big, gorgeous blue and gold bird. Just sitting right on his shoulder. Why not? People around here usually wander around with every kind of dog you can imagine in tow. Or are towed by them, in some cases. Surf City is the dog capital of the world. We should probably try to get something going like having the most Surfing Dogs and just kind of cement our status among beach destinations.

So, anyway. The macaw. Dare to be different. No dogs for this guy. That's why I'm going to make my dreams come true. Shortly after meeting my husband, I wanted a monkey. Then I saw those super cool fainting goats on YouTube and I wanted one of those. And then being a highly skilled multi-tasker, I decided I would just get a monkey riding a goat. My husband even registered the domain name monkeyridingagoat.com as a surprise for me because he has learned it's better to just go along with the crazy. Although...there are no internet pictures in all of Google Images of a monkey riding a goat. Bet you didn't know that. The closest you can get is one riding a sheep.

I've got plans to make if this dream is going to be a reality. So that's what I'm focusing on today. Oh, and an entry for Sometimes Life Is Funny. Except I'm not, so it's proving kind of challenging. Just in case you were counting on me today, you can have this as a far superior substitute:

Fainting Goats- It's a minute and twelve seconds that will rock your world.

Um, no, it won't. But I giggled. Wait, no, giggling is lame. I laughed.

3 comments:

LisAway said...

Awesome! That is really funny. At one point it looks like they're playing red light green light and they all stop at the exact time on the red light.

I just wanted to tell you that even though I don't love people doing the gimme gimme about comments, I'm glad you started your seven comment thing because that's what prompted me to add you to my Reader, and I'm glad I did!

Alison Wonderland said...

I'm a little confused about the monkey riding the goat thing but like Kenny, I'm just going to go with it. What are you submitting to the book? I submitted something but now I think I should have revised a bit more and it's not that funny anyway. Sigh.

charrette said...

You know, if you got a monkey riding a _fainting_ goat, the goat might be constantly startled, and hence, constantly fainting. I think at that point you could definitely sell tickets!

You are funny. My favorite part, though, was the husband who knows how to go along with the crazy. Mine does too. :)