Thursday, September 11, 2008

This is what the inside of my head looks like. Be afraid.

I'm vomiting words today because I'm too scatterbrained to focus on a particular thought for a blog post. This means you're getting an unfortunate glimpse into my actual thought process during any given slice of time. Seven comments to move on today, people, so let's all step up and get us out of this strangely disconcerting place.

I was reflecting on James's super awesome cardboard tank yesterday (see blog post below) and reflecting on how much fun he's had building and using it. In his imagination, it's fully functional and he happily blasts Lego creations to smithereens. I'd worried more about this violent streak except....he's nine. Or will be, this month.

So I decided to become as a little child and learn from him. No, I'm not going to blow stuff up. Although....

Focus!

I remember a grand puppet theater we made out of a cardboard box when I was a kid and other miscellaneous adventures. I'm sure it must have been around age twelve that I became to cool to do this stuff. Twelve is when lots of stuff goes out the window.

I've come to realize as I grow up (still working on it) that I'm not cool at all. Definitely not too cool for cardboard. So then my mind wandered (anyone else have this problem when cleaning up?) and I began to think about what I might build of cardboard. It's not that crazy. Surely you've seen these photos circulating:



































See? It's not just for kids.


So here's my list of things I want to construct out of cardboard: a mini-spa on my balcony for manicures/pedicures/scalp massages, my dream kitchen, a chaise lounge at the foot of my bed, a new cell phone, and a mini-van. If my imagination is as good as my son's, then I'll enjoy my cardboard creations as much as if they're real. Plus for an added bonus, I'll be reusing and recycling so I get to be a fantastic human being in the process.


In other news.....I've lost seven pounds! Whoo-hoo! It's been cooking Weight Watchers recipes at home and religious gym attendance but at last, my shorts are sagging in the butt again. I never thought I'd want that. *Happy dancing, happy dancing, happy dancing!*


I've also picked up some blog bling from Heather at The Extraordinary Ordinary and tomorrow I will proudly display it. (Apparently, I make her smile.)


Baby G is dressed in a pirate monkey shirt. I have decided I would dress him in nothing but pirate monkey clothes if there were enough available.


Carry on....

8 comments:

Heather of the EO said...

Apparently you do make me smile. BUT please know that I realize the "rules" can be time-consuming and overwhelming - so I won't tell anyone if you don't follow them :)

LisAway said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. Seven pounds is excellent! About the amount I'd like to lose (plus three) but am doing nothing other than think that I should do something about it.

Love the cardboard stuff! Adults can be creative, too! The fun kind, not just typing up something interesting!

Alison Wonderland said...

I hadn't seen those photos and it kind of took me a minute to figure out the first one but I love them. I'd like a cardboard new kitchen.

charrette said...

I LOVE all your cardboard creations! My husband produced this movie abut 5 schizophrenics who escape from a mental hospital, and in a couple of scenes they wear cardboard armor over their hospital pajamas. Tres chic!

Trying so hard not to be jealous of you and your seven pounds! Congrats!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I feel vaguely disappointed. I thought we were going to go to a -really- weird place.

I have thoughts like that alllll the time.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Janette Rallison said...

I had no idea card board was so versitile.

nano*ink said...

I would make a covered deck and patio with a path out into the garden. huzzah on the 7lbs.


lmwrfed - hot chocolate on a cool fall evening

Anonymous said...

I will now make you a cardboard child to accompany your concrete child. He will live in a house of cards and be very bored...board...