Sunday, November 23, 2008

Don't worry, my gratitude doesn't lend itself to kisses...

Of course we had talks about gratitude today in church. I love the prinicple of gratitude. I have never once in my life been so far down that I couldn't find some kind of blessings to count. I like thinking about the little ones, sometimes, that maybe I take for granted. So I thought I'd count one of those kinds of blessings today.

It's a small thing, but I always feel good when I see my name on someone else's blogroll. So as a way to say thank you, I'm going to go alphabetically through the blogrolls I'm on and say why I'm grateful for their blog. There's lots more that I read, too, but this is an extra gold star to the ones that admit they read me.

Throwing out the linky love:

Alison Wonderland: this is a lady who tells it like it is and I get her writerly brain.

Away From It All: Lisa is a thoughtful, genuine individual who strives to do her best by her kids and to live her faith. And I enjoy her comments on other people's blogs, too, because we hang out a lot of the same places. And she's funny.

Mary Had a Little Glob: although....I have no idea what's going on with her blog today. It seems to have morphed into something else for the moment, maybe. But either way, each of her posts is a multiple laugh-out-loud gem. And ended up here in the list because right now, it's coming up as Crapstick. Huh?

Crash Test Dummy Diaries: definitely one of my favorite new finds. She sounds like a woman who seizes the opportunity to laugh at life often, although she has some introspective moments too. But honestly, it's like she has not a sense of humor, but a sense of the absurd. Which works really well for me.

The Extraordinary Ordinary: I know I don't need to explain this to any of you, but Heather is deep and funny, both. She's a great writer who looks at her life and mines it both for nuggets of laughter and pain, but the kind that you grow from. And her comments on my blog and others' are always heartfelt and cheer me up.

Gaining Equilibrium: This is acutally a brand new side blog for Stephanie, but I already know I'm going to love it. We have lots of things in common, but the biggest is our writerly ambitions. I like hanging out with "my people" because I get it and feel gotten, and the tone of her first posts is thoughtful, honest, and well-written.

Navel Gazing At Its Finest: Here's another one I'm sure needs no introduction, but any time Sue posts, it's a highlight of my blog day. Hilarious. And sometimes not, but that's a good thing. The post that won my eternally loyal following: Ghetto pinata.

Pulsipher Predilections: Um, Kristina is out of her mind. And frickin' hilarious. A personal recent favorite? Her post on internet dating.

Temporary? Insanity: Kimberly keeps it real, sometimes painfully so, but it's always honest. Plus, she's one of "my people." And is incredibly super helpful when I'm blog stupid.

The World According to Little Fish: I'm pretty new to Mina's blog so I haven't read that many posts yet. But I can tell you what I love about reading her comments. She is sharp. Really sharp. And I know I'm pretty much always going to enjoy what she has to say.

My Imaginary Blog: Another really sharp lady. She tells funny stories about her kids but has a great way of laying out what she's thinking in an articulate, thoughtful way.

If I forgot someone, mea culpa. It just means I don't know that I'm on your blogroll. And if you're not here in my thanks yous, then you know why, but if you see my comment every time you post, you know I love you, too.

Thanks to all of you for being a bright spot in my day.

Now I feel all cheesy and stuff so I'm going to find my misplaced cynicism...

Oh, yeah...I don't want to beg but I'd think you were mighty nice if you clicked to "Follow My Blog" so I can feel even more validated and stuff. You'll be in great company over there....

I'm ellipsesed out now....or not...

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Melanie, you are wonderful. Thanks for the shout out. I always look forward to reading your blog, and it makes me happy when I see it pop up on my Reader.

You are one funny lady yourself!

Alison Wonderland said...

Hehehe! A link! I love it. But why oh why do you have to recommend more good blogs? I have too many as it is.

Anonymous said...

You've got a lot of my favorite blogs listed there, so it's happy company to be in. I need to add some more links to my blog, but it gets a little overwhelming. (But I never hesitated to add yours, so there's a compliment for you.)

I'm still a Following agnostic. Maybe some day I'll get converted. (And anyway, I make up for it by being a diligent commenter.)

TheOneTrueSue said...

Melanie - thanks so much for the kind words. I love the way you write, and it's been fun to get to know you off-blog too.

Anonymous said...

Wow. A personal thanks. I'm touched. But sharp? Geesh, does THAT put the pressure on. Now I don't know what to blog about. I'm an idiot!

Some gals are on my blogroll because they started stalking me, others because lots of folks stalk THEM, but you are there because you are a great writer--I always know I'll enjoy whatever you have to offer.

LisAway said...

Thanks, Mel. You're great.

Don't you wish you could click a button and find any blog that has you on their blog roll? I do. (Maybe there is some way?) I followed someone from my sitemeter to her blog where I'm on her list and have no idea who she is and have never heard a peep from her. I'm sure you're on lots of hidden blog rolls.

Amateur Steph said...

Hey thanks! I love it when other people list blogs they read, because I usually find some other good ones to read. And I love being included!

Amateur Steph said...

Hey thanks! I love it when other people list blogs they read, because I usually find some other good ones to read. And I love being included!