Tuesday, March 10, 2009

This post is well-endowed.

My husband talks about breasts all day.

It's part of his job. If you think being a computer programmer is all dry and boring, you're wrong.

Well, you're wrong if you're talking about a programmer who works for a company that includes breast implants in their products. In that case, the code you are called upon to write, and the pictures you are expected to embed in that code, are really interesting.

Or maybe you're not wrong. If you're my husband (and only one of you is), it's still dry and boring. He's much more interested in looking at the code than he is at the before an after shots of augmentation patients. In fact, it's a little uncomfortable for him from time to time, like today when he had to meet with is supervisor (male) and their boss (female) to discuss a change in a website feature that took them to a competitor's before and after page. Apparently, when the feature you're analyzing per your female boss's request is located next to the site's before and after patient pics, it's super hard to know where to look. It sounded uncomfortable, all right. Especially when they were discussing one of the competitor's implant varieties called "Memory Gel."

Just go ahead and marinate on that one. Memory Gel.

Huh, right?

Anyway, I think he expected my sympathy.

But I laughed.




******************Read this book. It's good. And it has smooching in it. ****************

Also, you can win it in a giveaway on Annette's blog here!

17 comments:

LisAway said...

Your poor dear husband. (and I'm not the one who's him, in case you were wondering)

Memory Gel? O Jejku! (as we say over here)

Kazzy said...

Wow. That would be really awkward.

Jami said...

What a sweet man. What a funny wife.

And thanks for the memory gel image. Like the memory foam pillows with a huge hand print that lasts for hours. Ew.

Cajoh said...

I'm sorry I forgot… what were we talking about? I know what he means. So often we programmers are more concerned with the (pardon the pun) underlying details than what others may consider important.

Way too funny all the same.

Emily said...

Nice. So your hubby is a boob guy? :)

Kristina P. said...

Off to find out what memory gel is, and how I can get some.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

My husband would just giggle all day. Seriously.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oh everyone is talking about Annette's book but me. sniff. I feel so left out.

I was going to say what Jami said.

Is the memory gel like a secret alarm that works off finger (im)prints and lets a breast know if unauthorized fingers are at large?

Anonymous said...

Wife, I can't believe you blogged that!

And the rest of you...

...I don't even know what to say!

...

...

...nope...

...and can't think of anything to say...

Becky said...

Ah, poor Kenny, who, from this point forward, shall forever be refereed to as The Boob Guy.

P.S. What's with all the bossing around on everyone's posts today!? I'll read the book already!! Leave me alone.

Debbie said...

Memory gel. I'm not even sure where to go with that one:)

Jessica G. said...

Memory gel? What happens if you fall asleep on your stomach?

Janette Rallison said...

Well, there's one job they don't tell you about during career day.

wendy said...

So he looks at breasts all day--------holy smokes!! (wouldn't that be every mans dream job??)

Alison Wonderland said...

I'm glad that's not my husband's job. I already have enough of an inferiority complex.

charrette said...

Haha. When I was 14 I won a trip to Washington DC. We visited my uncle, who was a plastic surgeon at Johns Hopkins. I will never forget the night he entertained us with his before-and-after slides: Breast augmentations, breast reductions, liposuction, you name it. We laughed ourselves silly.

That Girl said...

I read this yesterday and laughed. I read it again today and laughed.

He should so totally get a raise.