Sunday, May 17, 2009

I made it.

To all those who have been asking...

Yep, I'm still standing.

We survived. Possibly even thrived.

Rock and Roll night went well, everyone was really happy, and I have been in a hidey-hole for two days recuperating.

I'm going to spend a few days getting my writing back on track and more importantly, taming the raging piles of neglected laundry and dust bunnies, and then I'll be back. Let's say...Wednesday? That sounds about right.

Thanks for all the prayers and positive energy. You guys are ALL my besties. You can each have my next born child--that's how much I 'preciate you.

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I'm so glad things went well! Can I just get the presents you get for your next born?

Annette Lyon said...

Yay! I knew it would go well. You deserve a break.

Luisa Perkins said...

Yay! I knew it would be great. I'm dying to know how much money you raised. You know they're never going to let you go now, right?

Enjoy your recuperations!

Kazzy said...

Well-deserved break! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I knew it would be a hit! Great job, Melanie! Take this time to recuperate and enjoy the peace.
See you on Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

So you're saying it's easier to put on a PTA fundraiser than to produce a next-born child? :)

Glad you survived. If you are back up to speed by Wednesday, that'll be pretty impressive. Maybe I'm a slow recoverer. (Not that I've ever put on a PTA fundraiser.)

Unknown said...

Well, now I can sleep better tonight! Rock On, PTA Diva!

Lara Neves said...

Congratulations! Don't spend too much time with dust bunnies and dishes...you need to just relax!

Jessica G. said...

Laundry can wait. Writing is far more important.

LisAway said...

Yay! So glad it went well. Rest and rest! And I won't even make you give me your nextborn. Not that I don't want it or anything, I'm just saying. . .

TheOneTrueSue said...

PHEW! Good job, woman.

Emily said...

Take a break woman!

See you in a few.

Heidi said...

Glad it went well--I hope there will be pics to post when you get a chance!

Fiauna said...

Sit back, relax. Let the laundry sort itself out.

Debbie said...

I'm so happy for you. I know that feeling of relief all too well.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Yay for surviving and surviving well!

Dedee said...

I'm also glad things went well. Enjoy the breathing time!