Monday, August 3, 2009

Stepping Up

If I share one of my fondest dreams with you, promise not to laugh, okay?

Cuz dreams can totally come true. Like for example, I wanted to marry the man of my dreams. And I did.

I wanted to become a published author. And I did.

See? It works.

So now it's time to take on my next dream.

*Takes deep breath.*

Kenny and I want to be on a dance crew.

Shut up. It could happen.

Look, we've done the research. We've seen all three seasons of America's Best Dance Crew. We've done all the requisite viewing: Stomp the Yard, Step Up 2: The Streets, How She Move.

We know what our costumes will be. We figure baggy jeans, camouflage hoodies, newsboy caps and some kind of bright streaks in our hair. We all have our signature moves: Lil J can do some fierce breakdancing down on the floor (as long as it's to U2 Vertigo), Baby G can do some serious stomping, Kenny's got a killer centipede, and I can VOGUE like I invented it.

But...

That's only half a crew. We need between 1-3 more people, at least one of whom needs to know how to choreograph a variety of routines around those four moves. And also, we're not really good in unison, so really it should just be a series of connected solos. Oh, and Kenny also knows some ballroom so maybe we could put some of that in there, too.

Who's in?

21 comments:

InkMom said...

HA! Trust me, you DO NOT want me on your crew. Seriously. There a lot of things in this world that I do, and do very well.

Dancing? It just ain't one of them.

Becca said...

I'll design your advertising. Wait - I can't actually do that. But Husband can. Um, I'll do lighting. Oh, no. I don't know how to do that, either. I'll provide tasty snacks and beverages at your rehearsal breaks?

Kristina P. said...

ME!!! I love America's Next Dance Crew!!

And I am off the chain!!

Lara Neves said...

I am totally in. But my husband isn't. Sorry.

Emily said...

Knock yourself out! I'd love to see it! :)

Annette Lyon said...

You're about 16 years too late. As the me of THEN, and I'd totally have been on board. I could have even choreographed jazz and cha cha and rumba for ya. No more, alas. I'm lucky if I don't trip over my PJs.

DeNae said...

I'll do all your choreography. I dated several dance majors in college, who then fell in love with each other. So I have enough anger toward the industry to pour into some moves that will be so BUCK even Li'l C won't be able to come up with a random and nonsensical analogy worthy of my craft.

And I'll throw something in involving a blue Snuggie for Kristina.

Wonder Woman said...

I'm in.

I got really excited watching ABDC last night, too.

I am so in. Hubs too. He had Men in Black memorized back in the day that he performed at every stake dance.

Migillicutty said...

Good luck! post some vidios (sorry I can't remember how to spell that) when you finish a dance (unless you don't post pictures and stuff) :)

Alisa said...

That sounds like a great idea. I can't help out but I would definitely vote for you if voting was involved. And it always is, right?

Anonymous said...

I'm not laughing. You have all the grace of a natural dancer. I wouldn't be surprised at all!

Jessica G. said...

Can't help you. Have you ever seen Elaine on Seinfeld dance? Yeah..that's what I look like when I'm working my best moves.

Kazzy said...

I love to dance, but I am only average at best. You guys want a roadie?

anita ovolina said...

I'd love to be on your crew :)
good to go for your dreams no matter what they are - I'll tag along your dream which sounds like it's a lot of fun.

* said...

That's a dance TV show thing, right? {Don't laugh...I just hold books more than TV remotes, that's all! :)}

You can do it, aim high & reach the stars. Sounds fun!

Debbie said...

Good heavens. I'm only laughing at the idea of me helping anyone dance! That is the funniest thing ever.

Amber Lynae said...

I am no good, but I put my vote in for Kristina P. That Chick is smoking I'm sure she would fit in.

Cajoh said...

OK, I have to admit that a choreographer labeled me as a "Dancing Bear" this was a term which said you could follow directions well, but was not a great dancer.

Good luck on your new dream.

Fiauna said...

Pick me! I've devoured every dance choreographed by Nap and Tab on So You Think You Can Dance. I'm sure I could come up with something--fo shizzle!

annie valentine said...

You want me you want me you want me you want me!!!

Alison Wonderland said...

Well as long as you've done the requisite viewing...