Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You ought to know . . .

The Internets giveth and the Internets taketh away. I'm not exactly sure what it takes away (time, maybe?), but I definitely know what it giveth:

First, you can get Book 3 in the Sadie Hoffmiller series, iffn' you wanna. And I wanna. I've read and thoroughly enjoyed the first two. Spunky heroine, interesting mysteries, great recipes. It's a good Friday night. What more do you want? You can get a sample taste here if you want to read the first chapter, or if it looks so tasty you know you want to buy it (maybe you need a Valentine for a friend?) you can click right here and do that. Or just check out Josi's blog and enter to win a free copy.

Next...
One of my first and favorite blogs that I ever read was Sue over at Navel Gazing at Its Finest. I have been to her house, seen her cute children, witnessed her mad writing skillz and . . . I quite like her. A lot. You'll like her too when you find out what you can win: $100 Best Buy gift certificate. Just think, if you get it, she will have taken care of your man's Valentine's Day gift for you. See? Now you have a reason to read her, too.

Next to last...
Since I kicked anemia's trash, I actually feel like cooking again. However, I'm 33 weeks pregnant so it only goes so far. I busted out a copy of my 30 Minute Meals from Rachel Ray and I'm working my way through those. For no other reason than that I am a kind, generous, helpful and thoughtful person, I'm going to post my reviews of her recipes as I make them. You'll find a link in my sidebar where you can just click and go find the grade for the recipe and any notes about making it. I'm no plagiarist so I won't repost the recipes but if you have her book, hopefully it will help you make some dining decisions.

Last . . .
I'm glad so many of you felt my pain (okay, maybe more like aggravation) over the Big Love thing in yesterday's post. I did email the author and if you'd like to know what I said, then you can check it out here. I'm making it a seperate link since I figure it's probably not going to be that interesting to the general reading public.

Having said all that, may your Tuesday rock. I'm about to point Grant's stroller toward the beach. We'll eventually find our way to the pier where he will jump out and chase seagulls while I chase him. He will then proceed to make himself totally endearing to passing strangers which I will find so cute that I won't even be mad about chasing him. Much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm DYING to get my hands on Devil's Food Cake. Josi's books are so much fun and she really is a master of mystery.

LisAway said...

Yeah, I hear you about the quick and easy meals. I've been planning to post a new favorite recipe that I've seriously been making once a week since before Spencer was born when I first discovered it. I would also make it every night if I could. FAVORITE!

Carolyn V. said...

I wish I could live so close to the beach. We went over Christmas vacation and it was wonderful. I hope your son catches tons of seagulls. =)

amber_mtmc said...

Chasing your little boy at 33 weeks? Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

Easy recipes? I only make easy. I have found that complicated only sways my conviction in home cooked meals. So, I go for reasonable, like, y'know, those recipes that take 30 minutes. I'm glad you are doing a review, I bought that book for my husband (long story) and haven't opened it. I think that being pregnant and really sick was not the best time to take up cooking.

* said...

So glad you've kicked anemia's trash. (sweet relief, girl!)

And Devil's Food Cake? Anything with sweets in the title is game for me. It's on my reading list, yes.

Rock this week, I know you will!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I can't wait to get my hands on that book! The first two were such fun. I'm usually disturbingly good at guessing the ends to mysteries but Josi has surprised me every time!

Heather of the EO said...

I love it that you're going to try the recipes and write about it. It reminds me of Julie and Julia, and also, isn't blogging fun? I mean, the fun random ideas you can have and implement!

(that sounded SO nerdy, but I believe it to be true.)