Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Overheard at our house today.

1.
My three-year-old: Look at me, Daddy! I'm NAKED!
My husband: I don't need a PhD in nakedology to see you lost your pants again.

2.
My three-year-old: I pooped! But if I eat it, it will make me sick. 
Me: He really does listen.
3.
"Cadbury Minieggs are of the devil. He laid them and then he packaged them and put them at the endcap of every check out stand in Target."

4.
Me: I promise, the lunch lady is not out to get you. Also, stop tearing your styrofoam tray into small bits every day. Then maybe she'd be even less out to get you. But she's definitely not out to get you.
5.
My husband: Your pants are too big.
Me: I love you!
*The sounds of much smooching.

16 comments:

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Mini eggs are of the devil. They are going to be the death of me...

Kristina P. said...

Mmmmm, Cadbury Mini Eggs. They are like The Hoff of Easter candy.

Anonymous said...

PhD in Nakedology...Kenny is awesome! The humor and the kindness all in one? You made out like a bandit, Melanie. (And no, I'm not referring to the kissing sounds.) ;)

Charlotte said...

I have a 4-year-old working on his nakedology phD.

I haven't had a single Cadbury item yet this year. There is no good explanation for this (except hoping my pants will one day be too big, too).

cb photos said...

My two year old is already naked all the time, please tell me it won't get worse than it already is?! Also, I need to go buy some candy now...

Melinda said...

Sorry that last comment was actually ME. Dumb.

LisAway said...

Happy after this. Thanks.

Carolyn V said...

Hee hee. I love the last one! How sweet! =)

Barbaloot said...

They may be of the devil, but they are the best thing the devil has ever done.

Karen M. Peterson said...

That sounds like a normal day in my house. Minus the three-year-old.

Maggie said...

Oh to hear "my pants are too big"... Hopefully soon!

said...

Once my kid was 2. She told her dad, who was changing her diaper and possibly amazed by the grodiness thereof, "Don't eat it, Dad. You'll throw up." And he said, "I certainly hope so."

becca said...

ANd that was me (hear the sounds of me grumbling that I need my own computer so my kids aren't always logged onto google? Argh.)

Erin said...

I ate two full bags of Cadbury mini eggs all by myself. Wait - does this mean I endorse the devil? Yikes.

Julie Wright said...

I love the quotes! The naked one made me laugh out loud literally. And were your ears burning the other day? Josi and I were reminiscing about how cool it was to stay at your house. And then we were talking about the awesomeness of your new release! The cover is adorable and I wish you amazing everything with this and cannot wait to read it!

Kazzy said...

Now those are some entertaining and meaningful dialogues!