Monday, July 11, 2011

Bloghopping

You know what I always do when I have way too much to do?

I find one more thing to do.

Um, do you think this is coded into female DNA?

Anyway, here's the thing about this blog. It is my happy place. I come here to rant hang out. I've got lots of like-minded friends who stop by to visit me. This is good and makes me happy.

But did you notice the name of my blog up there? Write Stuff. And that's what I do on this blog. It's also what I originally meant this blog to be about: writing. Only, then I got bored with talking about that all the time and then this blog became something else.

Right now, though, my brain has gone all writing haywire. And I find myself wanting, even needing, to have conversations about writing to let it all out. However, I kinda still don't want to do that here. Here is still for about shoes. And kid vomit. And how I got ripped off by this one infomercial (oh, I cannot make the spelling on that look right to me) because I was delirious, but have now decided I don't mind. I guess I need to tell that story. Wednesday, maybe.

Here's where doing yet another thing I don't have time for comes in. (You thought I forgot, I know. While senile dementia is a certainty for me, I've still got twenty years before I worry.) I'm taking a tentative step toward publishing in the national market and it occurred to me that I need a proper author blog for that. Only it's me, so there won't be anything proper about it. But it will be author-y. And write-y. And I've only got three posts up but they discuss things like how Melanie Jacobson is ruining my life. Or at least harshing my mellow.

So if you're one of my writer friends (i.e. Annette, Jenny P, Susan, Becca, Chantele, Maggie F, etc.), would you mind hopping over there and waving hello? And by that I mean click the follow button? I'm still only posting three times a week but it will be twice here and once there. I need the outlet to pour out writing thoughts, yes. But it's not really fun to talk into a void.

Anyway, I kind of hate my template there but it'll do until I figure out what I do like. Or rather, I know what I like. I just have to figure out how to go about getting it done.

I digress.

Duh. It's me.

13 comments:

Becca said...

Okay, I'm coming...

Also, I had to log my kid out of blogger, but I wanted to type my word veri, because it was so cool. - "Distempli." Just try it out loud. And now? The new one is drolo. It's like sarcastic caramel or something.

Cajoh said...

Hopity Hopity hop. I'll have to hop on over there and check it out.

Thanks for the tip.

Cajoh said...

I noticed that your word verification on the page is cut off so I cannot add my comments. (This may be why you are not getting any comments lately). So, here's my comment for that post:
Isn't it nice to have a doppelganger. I have such a common name that I didn't dare try to register my actual name as a dot com. But then again, you have to actually want to find "Me" and not someone who has the same name as me.

Kristina P. said...

I will judge you from afar, without clicking the Follower button.

Donna K. Weaver said...

I visited and tried to post, but it asked for the password but didn't show the full screen to type it in. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

Done and done. And guess what? You're still funny over there. =]

Wonder Woman said...

You're right -- infomercial looks misspelled, like maybe it's missing an "r" or something. And I tried to follow, but didn't see the button. So I COPIED and PASTED the domain into my reader. Look at how hard I work for you. And I'm not even cool enough to be mentioned by name as one you wanted to follow. But it's cool. I'm not bitter.


Kidding. Man, I just can't leave a sarcastic comment alone because I'm afraid someone will think I'm NOT being sarcastic. Anyway.....I hope you get the domain soon.

Jenny P. said...

I went. I commented. Will follow when blogger stops being dumb.

Susan said...

I'm headed that way.

Maggie said...

Hopping over now!

Maggie said...

Melanie, I wanted to follow the blog, but there was no follower button to click. I'll check back later. I'm interested when you say you're moving into the national market. Do you have news?

Cheeseboy said...

I say make your blog about whatever you feel it needs to be on THAT day. I always write about kid vomit though, so I guess that really is my thing.

Karen M. Peterson said...

Oooh, national market? That's exciting!