Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grab bag

So every single day that I've been in the car since pitching a fit about Grease, a song from the Grease soundtrack has come on the radio. And here's what I think about that: Olivia Newton John could sang. Moving on...

I don't know why I continue to be horrified weekly by The Bachelorette. It's like I forget from week to week what the show is even about. And still last night as I watched the playback, I heard myself saying things like, "What is wrong with you people?" and then, like, pleading for at least one, yea verily, even ONE to find some dignity. But no one did. And yet, I leave it on my DVR.

It's gray outside today. I don't know know why I love it, but I do. So much.

I ate bacon last night. It's a rare treat and it made me so happy.

I had pumpkin ravioli with shaved Lorna Doone cookies on top the night before htat. I couldn't get enough of the crunch. Who'd a thunk?

One time, I was like, I'll never put my girl in frou-frou ballerina skirts and giant bows. And I am SO that mom now. I love it. I call her princess. It is terrible. I will not be stopping.

I am already counting down to the delicious dinner I will make for Saturday night. I love food. Also, I am gaining weight again. But at least it comes from honest-to-goodness delight in food and not emotional eating. Unless you count the thing where I get a piece of chocolate as a reward for even the most minimal exertion. Which I don't.

I have made a goal that at the very least I will sweep my kitchen floor every night. It just seems like something normal people do.

Did I mention that today's post is  random?

And do I even need to mention that random is my blog's default setting?

I'm going to have an omelet now because my husband makes me one every morning because I was very, very smart about who I married. In case you're not my Facebook friend, you should know that he was so moved by the bizarre disconnect in the SYTYCD Lost Children of Uganda dance last night, he performed a totally unprompted interpretative dance of his feelings about the lack of consensus over the debt ceiling. A few weeks ago, he treated me to some spontaneous krumping and then promptly twisted his ankle.

I know, I  know. You all want to come over on Wednesday nights now. Too bad, so sad. I would have to clean before you come by and apparently beyond the sweeping-due-to-meet-social-norms, I just don't do that anymore.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I FF through 50% of the Bachelorette. Have they always been this stupid?

Vivian said...

Pumpkin ravioli? they exist,really? Trying to picture your husband's dancing just made my day!!

Becca said...

Best thing ever for keeping the "sweep every day" goal? A dustbuster. Fie on broom-and-dustpan ridiculousness. Suck it up. (My #4 calls it a dirtsucker. It is my favorite appliance under $100.)

Unknown said...

Shawn used to dance to the opening credits of The Practice for me. Until I laughed at/mocked him. He vowed to never dance for me again & he has stuck to it. For 10 years. Who knew he was so sensitive?

Stephanie said...

Love this post. It makes me smile.

And also, pretend that this is a private email so I won't be considered bloggy rude, but I was once mocked for watching the Bachelor (which I only did once-ish):

http://diapersanddivinity.com/2010/01/06/confession-and-clarity/

Cheeseboy said...

Your husband's krumping makes me so jealous, I am near tears. I have that SYTYCD on the DVR. Really interested to watch it now.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I never watch The Bachelorette and I started this season because of the drama. But now that Bentley is totally out of the picture, I'm not interested anymore since the drama is kind of boring.

I love pumpkin ravioli, but Lorna Doone cookies?? Must try.