Friday, July 22, 2011

Just ten.

1. I'm super tired of all the Comic Con tweets. But I sort of love Twitter.

2. Everyone on Burn Notice this season has terrible hair for some reason. Just bad dye jobs and bad cuts. It's not good.

3. I have far more books to read than I have time to get to. There are worse problems. But I sort of wish there was a pause button on my day where I could stop time for an hour and read without anyone needing a single thing from me and I wouldn't need to feel guilty about neglecting them. Ah, bliss.

4. I don't like big gaudy gold watches.

5. I really like Just Dance 2 on the Wii but I absolutely cannot do it for exercise unless, per my three-year-old's demands, I do the Monster Mash song first.

6. I have never had a black eye, a broken bone, or a bloody nose. Now that I've put that out there, I'm sure can I expect one of the three any time in the next week.

7. I don't think of myself as being superstitious, but I totally am. I believe in the rule of three (deaths and maybe even pregnancies). And I have other weird superstitious quirks. I've been wearing the same underwear every day for three years because I'm sure it's how the LSU football team got a big win. And I'm so totally making that up. Anyway, I also think that extreme superstitiousness and OCD might be cousins and I think they're in the control-issues family.

8. I only just discovered Honey Badger and Marcel the Shell. I am in love.

9. I've gotten to be both of the things I wanted to be when I grew up. That feels pretty good.

10. I think pregnant ladies are really freaking cute.

12 comments:

Sue said...

Marcel the Shell makes me laugh so hard EVERY TIME!!

"I like myself and I have a lot of other great qualities as well."

Barbaloot said...

If I had a super power, it would totally be to control time. Having a pause button would be awesome.

Also, you should she my pregnant cousin. She has two babies inside her and she looks darling.

Unknown said...

Did you really post this at 5:32 A.M.??? Wow, if you did.
You know what's worse than a week of tweets about Comic Con? Daily countdowns of how many days til Comic Con. From your husband. Starting in January when he books his hotel room.

Kristina P. said...

I think pregnant women are cute because the terrorist is contained.

Lara Neves said...

I think a pause button is a great idea. You should invent that.

I feel like I haven't picked up a book in weeks. Well, because I haven't.

Melinda said...

I've never had a black eye, broken bone or bloody nose either!! I'm also not superstitious but am, And also have control issues. In fact your whole list is totally me except the marcel the shell, I have no idea what that means. I'll look it up so we can be exactly alike! ;)

Karen M. Peterson said...

Luckily, Comic Con will be over soon.

Pregnant ladies are adorable, but I could sort of use a break from being surrounded by them.

Gaudy gold watches shouldn't exist.

I wish I could stop time to read, too.

melissabastow said...

Big gaudy gold watches are evil as well as ugly.

Do you find women who are as fat as pregnant women, but actually aren't pregnant, adorable too?

wendy said...

Gosh...why didn't I know you when I was in my pregnant days. At least I would have had ONE person think I was cute.
Not even a bloody nose...wow, you are pretty invincible perhaps eh.
superstitions can be fun. I do have some OCD issues and it drives me crazy.
a pause button could be advantageous for many things I think.

Jessica G. said...

Honestly, did the producers of Burn Notice think they could save some cash by cutting out the good hair dressers? Because Michael little swished to the side bangs are making it difficult to pay attention to his incredibly flat stomach.

LisAway said...

I've never had a black eye, broken bone (just popped my toe out of line), bloody nose OR been stung by a bee. Take THAT!

And I need the pause button, too. I always think that the evening should be my time for reading, but there are so many other things I find I want or need to do (like watch TV or be on the computer) so I just stick to reading off and on throughout the day, getting up every 3 mintues to pour juice, change a diaper etc. etc.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Aw, thanks. I am pretty freakin' adorable. =D