Friday, July 29, 2011

WHOOOOHOOOOOO!

At last, it's here, it's finally (almost) here! My book comes out in a month and it's available for preorder NOW. To celebrate, I'm doing some super fun stuff today. Check out the cover (feel free to tell me you love it because I do, so much!) and then read the backliner (and the first chapter if you want to), and THEN find out how you can win the very first copy of my book I give away or an Amazon gift certificate. Here we go:

Twenty-three-year-old Pepper Spicer is not living the dream. She ended her engagement at the last minute because her fiancĂ© — a musician and soon-to-be reality TV star — wanted her to sacrifice her own career ambitions for his. 

Now she's stuck at home sharing a room with her little sister, trying to pay off massive debt for a wedding that didn't happen, and spending Friday nights Facebook-stalking everyone who has a better life. Her therapist father urges her to choose her career dreams and count her blessings by writing weekly thank you notes, but gratitude is a tall order when she botches an important job interview and has to settle for writing an undercover dating web-zine column — the last thing in the world she wants to do. Still, as Pepper (byline: Indie Girl) chronicles her bizarre and hilarious blind dates, she gives her father's challenge a try and slowly finds herself leaving self-pity behind. Life takes a major upswing as Pepper's column hits the big time and she tastes the exhilarating thrill of success. But there's one tiny problem: the intensely hot man she's falling for is having issues with her job (again). Will Pepper trade her personal ambition for another chance at love?

Sounds so fun, right? If you want to read the first chapter, you can check it out HERE on my website.

So how do you win it? Easy! There are two ways.

1. If you're on Goodreads, add it to your "To Read" shelf. This link will take you right to the book.
2. You can go to my writing blog and become a follower. It doesn't matter if you follow me here or not.  This is kind of more where my friends find me so I'm not really into adding people who don't want to come back on their own.  My writing blog is a different story. Go follow me there. Go! (Please?)

So if you add it on Goodreads, or follow my writing blog and want to win, leave a comment and let me know.

How do you win a $25 Amazon gift card? Preorder it, let me know you did, and you're entered! Deseret Books has it available for preorder here (even though they don't quite have the cover yet) and and AND . . . You can get it for 30% off today and tomorrow only. Just enter JULY30 for the discount code.

Hooray! Hip hip hooray!

(Tweets are not mandatory but appreciated, btw!)

24 comments:

LisAway said...

Oh HOW FUN! I'm so excited to read this one! I'm now following your writing blog. Should have done it before anyway, of course.

Oh, this is so exciting for you! And the rest of us!

Becca said...

Yahoo for you! I love new books.

Barbaloot said...

I shouldn't have read the first chapter---I don't wanna wait a whole other month to read the rest!

Mrs. Nellett said...

As you probably already know, I added in on goodreads right after you posted it:) I can't wait to read it. I also am now following your writing blog because your writing is entertaining even if you're writing about writing.

Kristina P. said...

I am digging it! Sounds so cute.

Tori said...

Loved the first chapter! Am mow following your writing blog!

Rebecca said...

Wow! Can't believe you already have another book ready to go! Well done! and...thanks for the FANTASTIC bowl. It really is beautiful - tell Kenny I said so:)

Donna K. Weaver said...

1. Check

2. Already a follower

3. Ordered

Squeee!

Jenny P. said...

Left you comments on the other blog but just wanted to add an extra Wahoo! over here.

Vivian said...

How exciting!! Can't wait to read it! Good to know you have a writing blog..FOllowing :)

Cajoh said...

This looks like a fun read. Heading over to goodreads to add it. Can't wait for it to be available.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I LOVE the cover and I'm so excited for your next book!

Larsens said...

Enter me, Im a follower:)

Wendy Williams said...

I'm so excited you picked that cover! I thought it was the best one too! Can't wait to read your new book!

Alisa said...

I added the book to my list on Goodreads. Sounds like fun.

Melinda said...

What are the chances that I'll win another one of your books?! I'm hoping REALLY GOOD!! I have it marked "to-read" on Goodreads and I'm following your writing blog! WHOO!

Susan said...

Can't wait for this one to come out.

The Lovely One said...

Another book already! That was fast, it seems like The List just came out! Congratulations!

Linda said...

woohooo...pre-ordered your book! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!!!! When's the next party??? lol Love you and so proud of you!!!!! xoxoxoxox

Kazzy said...

You. Are. A. Writing. Machine! Love the cover and can't wait to read it!

That Girl said...

Whoo-hoo! I'm so happy for you! (And the cover really is awesome ...)

Aguilar Elliot said...

cool cover! seems intriguing.

Enjoy Birth said...

I am so behind on reading blogs that I missed the contest. :( But I love the cover and I am so excited to read your book!!! :)

Scarlet said...

I just added it to my goodreads to read list. Can't wait. I loved your first book.