Tuesday, November 8, 2011

All the single ladies!

Have I mentioned I spent seven years as a single mother?


No? Or maybe only a couple of times?

I don't really talk about that part of my life. Because it was super hard. But I have this thing about helping other single moms because of it. See my nifty new widget in the sidebar over there?------->

You can help fund a scholarship for single moms called the Horizons of Hope scholarship. And actually, if you go check out DeNae's blog, donating even just five dollars will be enough to enter you to win the Greatest Blog Prize of All, of which I am an honored recipient: she will write your family Christmas letter for you. Check out the one she did for us last year. It's the best family Christmas letter EVER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

I'm donating because I have been where these women are and I already had an education and a career and it was hard. I know how much it will make a difference. 

Also, I want DeNae to do my Christmas letter again.

So CLICK RIGHT HERE to get the details, cough up the green stuff (money! Not phlegm. Ew.) and you might WIN. Yay!

4 comments:

Maggie said...

I had to hop over and read the Christmas card which was super funny. Also, it reminded me of my dad who is a wooden bowl maker. All of us kids have wooden bowls coming out the ears!

Abby Fowers said...

That is awesome. What a wonderful way to help these women. I don't even want to imagine how difficult it would be. Thank you so much for sharing this!

Karen M. Peterson said...

As someone who was pretty much raised by a single mom, this type of thing is close to me heart.

So is the prospect of winning one of DeNae's amazing Christmas letters, but, really, that's just icing on the cake.

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

My mom raised 5 girls all by herself. I don't know how she did it. Amazing woman.