Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Judging books by covers

Not My Type made it into the genre head-to-head finals for best cover. To vote on the covers (doesn't matter if you've read the books for not), you can hop over to here and pick the ONE you like best. I think it's an excellent way to acknowledge the great work these cover artists do, so take a minute to gawk at all the pretty shiny things, will you?


Not My Type is doing well but won't win, so vote for whichever cover you like with a clear conscience. :)


Happy Valentine's Day, my lovely friends. I have many good things to tell you soon. Believe it or not, the main thing that's stood between me and blogging has been a baby blanket and that's nearly done. (Okay, my friend had twins so TWO baby blankets and my crochet hook and gobs and gobs of time, but the border goes on tonight, so I'LL BE BACK.)


But seriously, treat yourself to some Downton Abbey and chocolate tonight, and you and I will hang out soon. 

9 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I voted for your cover because I wanted to. Not because you wouldn't share your chocolate otherwise.

Donna K. Weaver said...

I also voted for your cover because I love it. I voted for that one when you were trying to decide which one to use.

LisAway said...

Sure. Mention Downton Abbey, why don't you. I have yet to find an outlet that I can watch it on. Nothing streams over here. Ugh. I forgave you in record time for making me jealous about the show and went and voted for your cover. There are some really good ones. I like yours as much as the others, I think.

Barbaloot said...

She writes, she crochets, she gives a pass to eat chocolate...what more could one need?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Totally agree with Barbaloot. You are the package deal, baby.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Can't wait to hear your good news! And I loved both your covers. AND your new one! :D

Meradeth Houston said...

There are some great covers in the contest--I enjoyed looking them over (and voting for yours :).

Unknown said...

I've started watching Downton Abbey (sorry, Lisa) and I'm enjoying it well enough. But dang, they sure burn through the secondary characters, don't they? "Hello, I'm engaged to Matthew. (Cough) Goodnes, Matthew has kissed Mary (cough, cough) and now my feelings are hurt so (cough, hack, wheeze) I think I'll just trot off to bed and die." Stick 'er in the ground, call it a day. And honestly, have you ever seen a valet with such terrible luck? Every other minute someone's slapping handcuffs on the poor chap.

wendy said...

I'll have to go over there and look at the book covers.
I have been trying to talk my husband into watching Downtown Abbey. We don't get it on our tv stations here, so will have to rent it through Netflix...or what we have known as Zip.ca
He so far doesn't seem to think it would be very interesting.

good luck with the baby blankets.