Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Favorites

I have been blogging for two months! Two months! And I can't believe that hundreds of you aren't reading my blog daily. I'm shocked! It's a travesty! So all of you who do read my blog (I think there's maybe three of you), I just thought you should know who you're dealing with here. So I think maybe on Fridays now, I will write a list of my favorites. So you can get to know me. Because I'm deluded into thinking you want to and I've been unwittingly holding out on you. (Snort). We begin today. (That was a royal "we" just because I feel like it). I bet you think this will be a list of my favorite books or movies or TV shows or movies.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! No.

Today is a list of my favorite fruit. And all of my loyal readers (both of you) better comment with your favorite fruit in kind. (Or any kind of comment really because the last few blogging days have been demoralizing). It's called "bonding." And yes, those are arbitrary quotation marks. Because I feel like it. Because I'm cranky. Did I mention I started my little weight loss regime yesterday? I mean, regimen?

My favorite fruit:
1. Green apples, because it's the prettiest color Heavenly Father ever put on a fruit
2. Cantaloupes, because it's like having candy for breakfast
3. Watermelon, because I'm good at spitting the seeds
4. Strawberries, because nothing beats a sweet one, even if you eat ten sour ones to get there
5. Frozen green grapes (see cantaloupes = candy)
6. Mangos, because when you combine them with sticky rice in a Thai restaurant....bliss.

There's plenty of other fruit I like (bananas, blackberries, etc.) and a few I don't (blueberries, you know who you are) but this is a list of favorites.

And it's done. So talk.

7 comments:

Marcia Mickelson said...

My favorite fruits are cherries, watermelon, and pineapple.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You are such a hoot.

And wow, only two months? You sure got the hang of blogging quickly, and I must've encountered your blog not long after you started. Neat.

For me it's all about strawberries, gala apples, not too ripe bananas, cantaloupe, and honey dew when it's juuuust right.

I'm actually eating an apple right now, or was before I started typing anyway. Weight loss regimen kicking into gear here as well!

nano*ink said...

I am partial to raspberries - from growing up days
I love mangosteen - also known as Queen's fruit (fruta da rainha) in Brazil. It is quite unique looking - google a photo. Pure white fruit inside a purple to brown thick shell.
Papaya can be most delicious. I love putting frozen blueberries in my plain yogurt with a few other crunchies.
Today I had some pink grapefruit gelato - heavenly...and Utah peaches are fabulous...

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I think heaven would be being able to eat fruit all the time, but I'm told the vegetables should outnumber the fruits. It's just not fair. Fresh pineapple rates right at the top for me followed closely by mangoes. And the best treat is quarter of cantaloupe filled with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. (I know, ice cream isn't a fruit, but it should be.) :)

Alison Wonderland said...

Peaches
Raspberries
Cherries
Strawberries
Green apple but only with peanut butter.

And no blueberries ever.

Anonymous said...

How can anyone possibly pick a favorite fruit? I love them ALL!

Oh, wait -- Rainier Cherries. Food of the gods. Truly!

LisAway said...

Peaches! Soft, sweet ones. And nectarines, of course, because they taste like peaches.

I just read through lots of your recent posts. I forgot how much I love your writing. I need to come back here more often...