Thursday, August 7, 2008

What the...?

I had a funny dream the other night. Funny ha ha and funny weird. I woke up in the morning and told my husband, "I dreamt we had a little girl." He grinned. The next time we get pregnant, he wants a girl. All boys is just fine with me. In the dream, though, I had this girl and while still in the hospital, a group of religious zealots babynapped her and were hiding her from me. From everyone, really. I searched through the hospital frantically. Slowly, on the down low, people would offer me clues as to my baby's whereabouts. Soon, a counter resistance to the zelaots began to grow around me, willing to help me find my kid. Neither side was organized. It was kind of like hide-and-go seek in the hospital, me wandering up and down the corridors.

Finally, one woman said, "I know where your daughter is. But to get her back, you have to know her real name."

I assured her that I did so she lead me down a hallway to a door like all the others. I knocked. Someone answered, barely visible through the door. I explained I was there for my daughter.

"What's her real name, then?'

"Aurora." I answered. Which I guess was the right answer because I got my baby back.

O-kay. I don't even particularly like the name Aurora.

My husband laughed. He thought it was funny that I dreamt of a girl and funnier that I had picked a name so far out of my wheelhouse.

The next morning, my husband wakes up and says, "You're not going to believe this. I had a dream last night that we had a boy."

"Uh-huh. And did you dream of his name."

"Yeah," but he shifted uncomfortably. I waited. "It's stupid," he said. "It even sounded dumb in my dream"

"And the name is...."

Big sigh. "Pope Julius."

What the....? So glad I'm into the more metaphorical dreams coming true.

5 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Bwaha-friggin'-ha! That is too hilarious! Have you been watching Sleeping Beauty or something, because that's what popped into my head.

If religious zealots ever do steal one of your kids I'll so help you find them.

Heck, I'll even blog about it, m'kay?

Alison Wonderland said...

So twins, Aurora and Poe Julius it is. Hahaha

Anonymous said...

I think Aurora is a fabulous name. Sleeping Beauty's real name is Aurora. What better person to name her after.

charrette said...

So is this an ANNOUNCEMENT?

Hilarious dreams.
So you dream of a sleeping princess and he dreams of a pope? I'm sure there's something there an analyst would love to help you work out....

Liana Brooks said...

Aurora is a wonderful name. And she's sleeping right now in a red bean bag chair, cuddled up with her quilt, snoring in my study. She's my youngest....

Aurora is not only the name of Sleeping Beauty but also the goddess of the dawn in various mythologies.