Monday, October 6, 2008

Box It Up

The great cardboard birthday fort-building extravaganza has come and gone and the reports are excellent. The guest of honor wore blue and a good time was had by all.

After weeks of scavenging cardboard boxes from friends and neighbors, we finally had the goods to make a kick-butt fort. Add in some camouflage accessories, a dirt cake and my brother with his crazy games (clothespin tag?), and you had some nine-year-olds losing their minds. Oh, and there were a few suspiciously grown-looking men hanging out and building stuff, too.

I don't know how to manipulate photos once I have them uploaded and I'm too exhausted (teething baby) to try to figure it out, so these are not in order. But here you go:

Baby G has a mini-fort. And pizza.
I have been told more than once that my face is easy to read. The proof? This is a gift for James that I apparently didn't like:
Dirt cake seemed apropos for a bunch of boys. Borrowed the idea from Mama Manifesto.
Outside fort wall:
Inside the garrison:
A planned community:
And there you have it: the Fort Building Spectacular. Good times, good times.

8 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Dude, my kids would totally die and go to heaven for this kind of party.

LisAway said...

Looks like a blast. This was a terrific idea.

*MARY* said...

That looks so fun, so creative.

Jami said...

That is one heck of a party! And you are seriously pretty even when you don't like a present!

Heather of the EO said...

This is just the best idea! I have two boys. I will tell you know that I WILL steal this idea sooner or later.

Secondly, your face in that photo reads, "what the H is that?" So maybe once you learned what it was, you liked it? :)

Aubrey said...

Personally, I think that looks like a pretty fun party for kids of any age. (Although in my case, you'd probably have to come up with some bigger boxes.) :)

If it makes you feel any better, it doesn't look like James is exactly over the moon about that present either!

Alison Wonderland said...

It does look like so much fun! Next time can I be invited to his birthday party?

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

That is such a brilliant party concept! I don't have boys but I'm stealing it anyway.