Friday, October 31, 2008

I have a problem with even numbers.

I noticed the other day that I have another blogger milestone approaching: my 100th post. I know lots of people do something special for this.

But here's the thing. I don't set my microwave cook times for nice, round numbers. Things get zapped for 47 seconds or 1:22 seconds. And my alarm clock? It goes off at times like 7:31 or 7:17. Notice I didn't say that's when I get up. That's just when it goes off.

So the idea of doing something on my 100th post makes my eye all twitchy. That's why I'm going to do it on the 99th post instead. And when I look at my labels, I notice that the most posts are filed under randomness, dumb stuff I do, and writing. If I'm going to wear those labels, then I'm going to wrap myself in them proudly, like some crazed soccer fan in their country's flag somewhere in a country where they regularly trample people at soccer matches.

My 99th post will include a random giveaway of random stuff: a CD of my husband's band Johnny 99 (that was a convenient name. Thank you, husband. And for doing the dishes again), the wedding favor CD we gave out with a list of songs we love, a CD of the Rockterbfest playlist we used at our huge old barbecue a few weeks ago (see? Lots of random songs) and some homemade mint fudge. Random. And maybe a copy of a book I like.

The 99th post will also include video footage of me doing the happy dance because my new friend at my imaginary blog jacked up the comment count on my last post and put me over the twenty-comment-not-my-own barrier that had taunted me.

The 99th post will include a list of 99 random things about ME because it's MY blog. And although even I don't think I'm random enough to generate a list of 99 random things, I'm going to do it anyway.

So look for all that on Sunday.

And if you want to come back later today, I'm updating my blogroll again.

And I'm not doing Friday Favorites today because I have to save all my list-making powers for the 99th post.

Oh, except my favorite Halloween candy to steal from my son's bag (although I don't call it stealing. I call it the mommy tax. He'll figure out that means the same thing when he's older and takes a government class but it works for now) is.....miniature Krackel bars.

Yeah, I know. Random.

13 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

This is backwards Monk or something. Fun! Looking forward the the giveaway stuff and 99 random awesomeness.

Alison Wonderland said...

Very much looking forward to that post. Good luck withthe list. i did 50 once and it was really hard.

Oh and can I just put my name in now for the free stuff?

Anonymous said...

No joke I did a major LOL when I read the part about your "mommy tax" my husband even came over to see what I was laughing at :)

Anonymous said...

Okay--I am officially addicted to your blog. I read like 98 posts today. AND, I noticed a post about making someones blog roll. So just to feed your ego and let you know that YOU ROCK...I added you to my blog roll yesterday--before I even read that post... am I cool or what? Oh, wait, that is you...riiiiight!

Melanie Jacobson said...

Shellie: the Mommy tax is also a great way to score fries when you take your kid through the drive-thru.

Jackite: being added to people's blog rolls makes me feel all warm and tingly.

Alison: No. Because there's a vote involved in the entry. Play along!

Annette: if only this were the first time I had been compared to a certifiable nut.

*MARY* said...

Sunday can't come soon enough! This is more exciting than Presidents Day.

Heather of the EO said...

I'm confused. You said no even numbers, but you did mention 20 comments. Don't you want 23 or something? Just to set your mind at ease?

I'll be looking forward to the 99!

Kristina P. said...

I will definitely be back!

I'm crossing my fingers that I make your blog roll!!

Janette Rallison said...

Mmmm. I want the fudge . . .

Elder Ostergar said...

you are wierd! Odd numbers are the freaky ones. Like I still regret getting married on the 17th, why would I do that? It will haunt me forever! Dave thinks I am the freak!

Barbaloot said...

I'm the exact opposite. I need to do things in even numbers. But 100 does bug me a bit. I guess I'll have to wait till I'm at 200:)

annie valentine said...

I'm all about the kitkats. And I have no idea how many posts I've written, I kind of don't want to know.

You should try inventing stupid T-shirts. Then you could try to give one away (but since you called them stupid, only seven people wanted one).

Happy hundredth!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

We are so opposite about this...I'm all about being even and symmetrical. Randomness makes me twitchy.