Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Not puffed up

My husband and I are super holy, just so you know. For fun, we sit and read the scriptures and then quiz each other on if we still have our Scripture Mastery ones memorized. We make a point of raising our hands to answer every question in our classes at church and we're always the first volunteer for callings. We have told our bishop several times that we'll gladly serve as RS president and EQ president, respectively, and my husband even said he would take on the burden of the youth program because our young people desperately need someone who isn't afraid to call them to repentance. Probably every week they need it, even.

We often drop off meals at other people's and say, "Surprise! We're just meeting our obligation to feed the hungry and take care of the poor, and we picked YOU!" That's one of our favorite things because people always looked so shocked when we do that. And Sundays are our favorite, too, because then we get to stay in our church clothes all day and remember to look spiritual. Usually we go to every ward that meets in our building so we get three sacrament meetings that way. The baby kind of fusses a lot because he's frustrated that he can't speak to share his spiritual insights.

We're pretty close to perfect. Heaven knows we're trying, LOL. The only thing is that we don't have a lot of friends here yet. I don't know what's up with that....

20 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

This looks like something TAMN could have written. LOL!

Kristina P. said...

Hey, did you go to the Sunday School class about how to be as righteous as me?

LisAway said...

I was just thinking earlier today (seriously) that I think you and I'd be friends if I lived in So. Cal. But now I KNOW we would, since I've never met anyone who was so very nearly as righteous as I am! It's such a pleasure to find I'm not alone! CTR! RWH! WTF(reak)! :)

LisAway said...

And I forgot to mention that I'm not puffed up about it either!! TWINS!!

Anonymous said...

Dude, my lady is so righteous, that she's like a righteous babe. But what bums me out is like the other chicks at church they get all bitter at her because of her righteousisity. But I'm like, check it out, if those chicks can't make it to the Celesto Kingdom, then there's always the other two...I always get the names mixed up, but you know what I mean. It's not like they're all going to the OD or anything. So they just need to chill. Drink some kava or something...

Debbie said...

If you will drop food off at my house, I will be your friend forever. And I don't care if you call me poor, lazy, ugly, whatever!

Jami said...

Bring it on, O righteous one! With dessert.

Cajoh said...

Hey— has anybody actually "asked" you to be their friend…

I know my problem is I'm just shy. Who knows, you may actually have tons of friends and don't even know it.

Thank you O' Righteous one for being a great bloggy friend to all of us.

Anonymous said...

I'm just glad to see that I'm influencing you for such good! That makes my day.

Anonymous said...

Was this, uh, inspired by someone you've been in contact with or something?

Luisa Perkins said...

Fuh. Nee!

Anonymous said...

I never learned my Scripture Masteries. Can you believe that? Thank heavens I'm righteous (like you) now.

nano*ink said...

Wow, Melanie - you sure had me fooled! wocka, wocka...
I am so proud to be humble!

My brothers always gave my Mom a bad time about being a Mormon...one day she said: "I am proud to be a Mormon, because they are a humble people!" She never lived that one down.

Emily said...

Truthfully, you had me going for the first few sentences!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

That is classic!!! YOu would fit perfect in my world...because I am perfect also! I would have gravitated straight toward you! :)

Baak Talk said...

R U serious Melanie? I'm so sad to hear that. I'm finding that it takes a while to find a real friend when you move when you're an adult. My daughter ranted and raved and moaned and groaned about how I was ruining her life and she'd neve have a friend again; except she has been to several parties and is even on a sleep over tonight. How many girls nights out have I been to... 0. And you know me, I'm even social.

I expected this but it's hard to live through it. I guess as an adult we don't trust as easily and need some experiences and things to have in common, it takes time.

I wish we wouldn't have moved. We were off to such a great start. However, I'd still like to be your blogging buddy!

LOL!
~Rebecca

Stephanie said...

I'm thinking you should get a bar code scanner thing installed on your blog so that only temple recommend holders can even get on it. And it's too bad you don't live near that SuperDell guy because he's totally awesome and bet you guys could be great friends. I'd probably be too wicked to be your friend because I watch Top Chef and I don't have a New Era subscription.

Alison Wonderland said...

Um I'm not quite sure what to do with this. (Probably just because I'm afraid I'm not righteous enough to be your friend.)

Dedee said...

Oh my heavens. I laughed myself silly over this one. You and TAMN must be befrie's!

The Crash Test Dummy said...

hee hee

LisAway forgot LDS BBQ.