Monday, February 2, 2009

Lessons from public restrooms

You people give, and give some more. Snorts, giggles and belly laughs. Guffaws and chortles. BEST.JOKES.EVER. Woot! And as it appears I owe you again for your collectively ridiculous and sublimely hilarious jokes, I will now repay my debt with a five part series of wisdom I have learned from public restrooms.

I have stomach issues sometimes, and I'm in public restrooms waaaay more often than I'd like, usually for longer than I'd like, but I learn. All kinds of stuff.

Lesson #1
The people whose numbers are written on the walls of the stall? Usually don't want to be called no matter how bored you are.

You're welcome.

14 comments:

Chris said...

Oh, this is a fun post! I can't wait for the next lesson!

I always wondered if those numbers were real. :)

Kristina P. said...

Yes, I know this lesson all too well.

Even though I am a "good time." I don't have that many minutes to answer all those calls!!

Anonymous said...

I don't like the calls myself. I was just thinking about sticking by email address up there next time. Then I can answer on my own time frame.

Jami said...

This is going to be a very fun series. I can tell.

Becky said...

What? They don't want to be called?! Well, there go my Friday nights.

Cajoh said...

This reminds me of something I saw on a practice room wall in college:

Dyslexics of the world un-tie

Can't help but laugh at that one. Looking forward to hearing more of your wise lessons.

Alison Wonderland said...

But what if I am genuinely looking for a good time?

Tiffany said...

NO you didnt. What a cooky, crazy, gal you are.

Jessica G. said...

Yeah, and Jenny really doesn't care if you have her number, either. :)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I just sprayed peanut butter and jam sandwich on my computer screen.

Thanks for that.

Debbie said...

Well, what's a girl to do in there then? It just doesn't make sense.
And send me your address. I have a little cookbook I'd like to send your way for a belated birthday present:)

Amateur Steph said...

I am so looking forward to this series. Did you really call one of those numbers?!

Kazzy said...

Good safety tip. Thanks!

charrette said...

Ummm...I used to work at UCLA. And I will do the blog world an enormous favor by NOT sharing what I learned in the restrooms there. Yikes!

MmHm. You're welcome. :)