Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This is Ground Control to Major Tom

I'm not putting pictures up because I'm experiencing re-entry to my life after a weekend away, and much like an astronaut returning to earth...

Or actually not at all like that...

I'm trying to adjust to my toddler-to-leg reattachment while preparing healthy homemade chicken nuggets (smoked paprika in the breading is a nice touch), deal with the slight crust of mashed banana in my hair, clean up a newly strewn pile of James's schoolwork all over the floor courtesy of Baby G, and resist the siren call of a box of chocolate (thanks, Aubrey!). And having said all of that, trying to deal with Blogger's picture function will most likely fry my synapses.

Bzzt.

It's like the sound those mosquito zappers make only it would be my brain. Which is, you know...kind of sad. I mean, if it happened.

I have much more to tell you about my bloggy friends I met (L.T., Luisa, Don, Janette...the list goes on!) and I'm not linking them right now for the same brain frying reasons.

Today is just a, "Wassup? I'm back. Y'all."

And tomorrow will be my adventures in Storymaker Land. And the day after that will possibly have something to do with my shoes. I think for my six word epitaph (a post I'm too lazy to link to), it's probably going to say, "Pretty good writer. Dang fine shoes." If other people's blogs are to be believed, anyway. I admit, the pink ones kinda rocked the party. (Hi, Heather of the EO).

22 comments:

LisAway said...

I've been starting to wonder what that conference was really all about because I feel I've read more about your shoes than about anything else that went on over there. I CAN'T WAIT FOR PICTURES!! (not just of the shoes, either). Please don't let your brain fry before you can get them up. (love the visual of the mosquito zapper. And yes, that would be sad if that happened to your brain.)

Off to email you about your healthy homemade chicken nuggets. . .

Luisa Perkins said...

Yeah. Re-entry ain't easy.

I'm pretending the banana is a deep conditioning treatment.

charrette said...

Ummm....how much can I possibly thank you for NOT posting a photo of me?!? :)

Enjoy your re-entry to things toddler and toy-strewn. But I'm SO GLAD you journeyed out this way!

Anonymous said...

Re-entry is a perfect word and I loved the zapper/synapses. You're so clever. =]

And btw, it was not "Pretty good writer. Dang fine shoes." It is "Pretty GREAT writer who was also wearing fine shoes." =]

Cajoh said...

Great analogy. I like that you are getting used to being back on the ground after being out in the atmosphere having a great weekend.

Looking forward to hearing your adventures.

Aubrey said...

What Melanie neglected to tell you about the tempting chocolates was that she just happened to give me the SAME BOX. So naughty. :)

By the way, I haven't opened mine yet, which should give you a pretty good idea how the writing is going. But I have great hopes for the rest of the week!

Annette Lyon said...

I got to meet Melanie!!!

That is all.

Lara Neves said...

Can't wait to hear about all of it and see lots of pictures!

Sounds like you had a wunderbar time.

Kristina P. said...

You could have had a chance to meet me, but apparently, there were more important people to meet. We even had tortilla chips and a Snuggie! Sob.

Debbie said...

I'd kinda like that nugget recipe. Any chance you'd share it?

Don said...

It was kind of tough looking around the room, knowing that there were a couple of hundred friends I hadn't met and most of them I probably wouldn't get to meet, at least not during the conference. Too many people to meet, not enough time. So I'm glad I got to meet you, and thanks for introducing me to some of your friends, too.

Becky said...

Yeah, dude, what's up with the shoes? I'll be glued to my computer waiting for pictures...

Um, not really, but I'll be looking forward to it. :)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I like to upload my photos to photobucket and then make a slideshow and put that in my post. Blogger hates photo posters, and Wordpress hates my camera.

Re-entry is making me twitch a bit, too...

Dedee said...

Re-entry was tough for me too, and I didn't even go to the conference. I just got to meet a boatload of fabulous people.

(Thanks on the eyes, btw. I've always been the smidgie-est vain about them and when people tell me that they like them too, I get all happy inside and feel all validated in my vanity.)

Kazzy said...

Hope you had a grand time in your travels. Sometimes the re-entry is what almost convinces me not to leave in the first place!

Melinda said...

PINK SHOES?!?! I think I love you even more, yes pictures please!

Unknown said...

I do my best writing just after the bug zapper gets me. I'm pretty sure there's a warning in there for the rest of you.

Can't wait to see the shoes. I'm something of an accessories freak myself.

Aubrey said...

I saw THE SHOES, and I can vouch for their fabulousness. (That's a word, right?) But they also looked incredibly painful. I still think you were very brave to wear them all day.

Stephanie said...

I'm thinking you should get that leg-reattachment thing checked. And welcome back. Someone commented recently on my blog that they call it "post vacation detox." How accurate is that?

Jami said...

OK, I'm just going to pretend I'm you for a few days. Don't let it bother you. Um...I mean, welcome back.

wendy said...

Your brain and the mosquito zapper ---that's a good one. You make homemade HEALTHY nuggest ---let me introduce you to McDonalds.

Heather of the EO said...

I'm sure they did rock the party, you ROCK STAR.