Saturday, May 30, 2009

You mean besides the gaping holes in my mouth?

Yeah, I feel fine.

I'm not even swollen. I slept a lot yesterday, ate a little soup and watched movies with my husband. My mouth hurt but not too bad, and it feels all right today.

I do remember making the following statements under the influence of nitrous oxide and before the anaesthesia hit:

"I usually talk a lot but I just don't feel like it right now. It's nice." The nurses laugh.

And this, after the doctor tried to get the IV in my hand for the third time, mumbling something about lady-like veins that roll. I said, "That really hurts but I don't care."

That's it for highlights. I think Dove chocolate and tomato basil bisque are a great post recovery diet for anything. Not so much for losing weight, but still utterly delicious.

12 comments:

Annette Lyon said...

Glad it went well!

Kristina P. said...

Melanie, thank you so much for your email!

I have the same problem, getting cavities on my wisdome teeth, so I just try to ignore them until they get really bad.

I'm glad you had a good experience. I need to stop being a pansy, and just do it!

Kazzy said...

Loved your comment to the doctor. I think there should be a separate medical degree in inserting IVs. Sheesh.

Unknown said...

Ouch, and double ouch! The dentist chair is not my favorite place to be. Glad you're recovering.

* said...

Not so sure about the tomato stuff, but Dove chocolate for sure. Rest up & here's to life after wisdom teeth!!

Aubrey said...

Glad to hear you are still in the land of the living. And just for the record, I think tomato basil bisque can cure just about anything. :)

Tom said...

Getting my widom teeth out was a very painful experience for me. I wish you the best for a quick recovery.

Becca said...

I have long held the opinion (like Kazzy) that no doctor should ever be allowed to insert an IV ever. Ever. They shouldn't even be allowed to draw blood.

Carolyn V. said...

I remember getting my W. teeth out. They got infected. Now every time I hear that song by OK GO (Million Ways to be Cruel) I think of my dentist.

Glad you made it through! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it went okay and I hope you recover soon!

Brillig said...

Hahaha. Glad everything went well. Get better soon! And wow, Dove chocolate sounds really good right now...

Dedee said...

Can I have the tomato, basil Bisque recipe?