Friday, March 19, 2010

A scene from dinner last night

James: Hey, Mom. You know that food that astronauts eat where you just add water and it turns into spaghetti or something?

Me: Uh huh.

James: They should make houses out of that. Then you would just pay like $600 for a drop of water and then it would expand and make a whole house.

Me: I think that's a great idea.

James: Well, I guess if it rained, it could be a problem. The house would get too big.

Kenny: Maybe they could engineer it so that it had a dehydration feature and you could just shrink it back down really small. Then you could move it somewhere else where it fits better.

James: Now that's what I call a mobile home.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Kids get so fun when they start thinking like this!

Wonder Woman said...

I "thumbs up" this post.

my WV: weepent. When your toddler is sobbing, saying their sorry for hitting their baby sister, but really, they're just sorry they're in trouble.

Susan said...

I too love this age. My son is around the same age as James and he comes up with some very crazy-cool stuff sometimes. Life is never boring when you have kids. That's for sure!

Lara Neves said...

That boy of yours is a genius. I can't wait to have a mobile home, astronaut food style.

amber_mtmc said...

Hmmm....sounds like house shopping is one everyone's mind. Wait, are you still house shopping?

Carolyn V. said...

Hee hee hee, that is SO CUTE! =)

LisAway said...

Oh, I'll take two of those, please!

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

wow. I'm always amazed at what kids come up with.

Debbie said...

How cute! And smart.

Kazzy said...

Those kinds of conversations are the best!

That James is a smart little guy.

wendy said...

that is so cute.
I wish I could sprinkle a little water on my house...it could use some extra square footage for sure.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Not just funny but decidedly clever too. He takes after his mom, for sure.

Nishant said...

love this age.
data entry work from home