1. "Unchained Melody" just kills me every time I hear it on the radio. It is sung with such longing.
2. I think a three-way tie for first place in songs with lyrics that make no sense but are kind of awesome anyway is: "Pass the Dutchie ('Pon the Left Hand Side)", "Louie, Louie" and "Tub Thumper" by Chumbawamba.
3. Mother's Cookies is running a contest where the winner gets a year's supply of cookies. The prize is paid out in 42 free product coupons.
. . .
Now, I realize that 42 is the answer to life, the universe, and everything. But I still have a problem with this.
Let's start with the math. There are 52 weeks in a year. Either they have a serious lack of faith in their own cookies and they think I'd eat them at a pace of less than one package a week, or they have way too much faith in me that they think I could keep a package of cookies around for a week without polishing it off. On my very best behavior, a package would maybe last a day. Maybe. And if it's those frosted circus cookies, those buttery delicious agents of Satan . . .
Look, 42 just isn't enough.
4. I finished my third manuscript this morning. It took me just over five months which isn't bad considering that Christmas and birthing a new baby fell during that time. But it's down right terrible if you consider that it's 30,000 longer than my goal and and at least 15,000 longer than my publisher is going to let me get away with. To put that in perspective for non-writers: that's one third of another book. That's 15,000-30,000 words that will disappear into the hungry maw of my delete key.
It's entirely possible I may have to rethink my hatred of outlining in advance.
5. My son had the fifth grade puberty talk. He's been entertaining me all week with his commentary on the booklet they received.
6. I could possibly live forever on food made from potatoes.
7. If I could drive any kind of car in the world, and money and practicality were no objects, I'd pick a 1967 Shelby Mustang. A Bentley might tempt me, but I think the Mustang would win in the end.
8. I found a yummy new treat:
9. My baby girl was an angel today. I love her.
10. I like Green Day all right but I don't own any of their albums, so I'm not sure why I know all the words to so many of their songs.
Happy Friday, friends.