Thursday, May 6, 2010

This post is full of . . . a word Nancy won't let me say.

Oh, my gosh.

I had the best idea for a blog post.

And I totally forgot it.

Too bad. That means I have nothing to say today, but really, when has that stopped me?

I saw a commercial I loved today. It's for toilet paper. This guy calls for his wife to throw him a roll because they're out and she does. It whizzes by his head and shaves a thatch of his hair off because it's so rough.

That made me laugh, probably because I always buy the t.p. on sale and I brought some home last week that was just paper. It was so uncomfortable I finally just handed it to my son when he said he needed more paper for school.

What? Haven't you heard? "Use it up, wear it out."

Now on the other hand, one of my least favorite commercials is also for toilet paper. It's the one with the bears. What brand is that? Because I don't want to buy that brand even on sale. Anyway, it's not the bears that make it bad. It's the slogan on the most recent one: Enjoy the Go.

Ew.

Back to favorites. It is bad to drink beer. I get it. But if I DID drink beer, it would be Dos Equis (sp?) based solely on The Most Interesting Man in the World.

And in the interests of yin and yang, you know what product I'll never use? I think Sue blogged about this before but I just saw the commercial on TV the other night: the Schick Quattro TrimStyle for women. I won't inflict it on you, but . . .

Ew.

22 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You and I have kismet, my friend. I heard that stupid bear TP commercial and I came *this* close to saying I would rather make out with Mario Lopez, than hear that freaking commercial again.

It's gross!

Kazzy said...

I have called my whole family into the room to watch Dos Equis commercials! They crack me up!

Susan said...

I think that was your best post yet. Thanks for a good laugh. (We must not get the same commercials out here, because I would remember that best man in the world commercial.)

Tamara Hart Heiner said...

I wish I could come up with funny blog posts about nothing! that's seriously a talent!

Charlotte said...

I like the most interesting man commercials, too. But I must admit to laughing my head off at the Schick one. My husband picked up on it right away and after his explanation, I was laughing, hard. (In his defense, he is a ED doctor and recognized all the "designs").

Those bear commercials are pretty gross, I'll agree with you there.

My WV is my husbands first initial and last name. Maybe warning I should leave him out of this comment? Nah.

Lara Neves said...

You have me wishing for cable right about now. I'm feeling hopelessly left in the dark.

Carolyn V. said...

I have a thing against bears using tp in the wild. It's just not right.

Wonder Woman said...

I love the Most Interesting Man in the World. My husband loves him even more. We'd definitely drink Dos Equis if we drank.

NIKOL said...

Dos Equis commercials are the best! It almost makes me forgive the fact that it's a "Mexican" beer that's brewed in New York. Of course, since I don't drink beer I guess it's a moot point anyway.

The bear commercials are for Charmin and are completely disgusting. Remember the ones where the bears would complain about little bits of toilet paper that got stuck to their butt? Really, people? That's what you're going to put out there to sell your product? I mean, just having bears in the woods is pretty bad. But they manage to make it worse and worse.

Melinda said...

My husband and I both love those beer commercials too! I get so annoyed over commercials, all commercials should be funny. The end. I hate that its a commercial about like allergy medicine and its like the saddest commercial ever. Stupid.

amber_mtmc said...

That Dos Equis commercial is one of my all time favorites!! My husband and I still quote it to each other. Joy.

Cajoh said...

My wife knows the subtleties and double entendre of the Schick Quattro TrimStyle commercial and jokingly wonders why someone would even dare shape topiary in triangular shapes.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I made it very clear when I was moving into a house with a friend and we were going to have to share a bathroom. I do NOT skimp on my TP. I hate the bear commercials, but dang I love that brand. So I keep buying it and pretending I don't see the stupid bears on the side of the package.

And I do love the Dos Equis commericals.

But my current fave are the U by Kotex ads. Those are pretty genius.

Braden Bell said...

That whole series of bear commercials has always grossed me out. Yuck.

Stephanie said...

Thanks to the wonder of DVR, I haven't watched commercials in ages. Which is probably a good thing, because I get all riled up and write companies letters and stuff.

Becky said...

Enjoy the Go? Seriously? What target audience are they trying to reach with that little number, I wonder...

Heidi said...

Gee, the things one misses out on when one zooms through commercials via that cute little DVR remote. (

LisAway said...

Lately the commercial that I can't stop thinking about is on CNN. Some lady keeps singing, "We are Turkish Airlines. We are globally yours." Over and over to an annoying tune. Globally mine? Whatever.

Annette Lyon said...

That commercial is hilarious. And you do realize that I had to google the Schick one, right?

Kris said...

Dos Equis - his mom has a heart tattoo that says "son". That line kills me!

Anonymous said...

I recently saw a commercial that was awful. Have you seen the one that shows a bunch of people's feet, as they are sitting on a toilet? It's for constipation, or something like that. Seriously? Yuck!

nano*ink said...

hilarious!