Tuesday, June 22, 2010

BFFs 4-Ever

I think I may just have experienced the least stressful move in the universe. Totally weird, considering how much we had going on. 


We had a new house to repaint and retile and other cosmetic stuff that took a lot of time. Kenny was gone a lot in the evenings trying to take care of the new house while I took care of the kids. I made countless runs to home improvement stores and bought at least two dozen different paint samples in search of the colors we could live with because WE'RE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN ANY TIME SOON! 


There was the finding of a tenant for our condo and all kinds of Craigslist escapades wherein I scored a commercial freezer and a washer and dryer. I'm still hunting for the right bed for James's room.


None of this was easy with a two-year-old and a three-month-old and trying to get the ten-year-old through all the end of the year school activities, plus Cub Scouts. Oh, did I mention four, count 'em FOUR, major dental procedures? By rights, I should have lost my mind. It's a small miracle I'm not on my sofa blithering and gumming Cream of Wheat.


But I'm not. Why?


Why am I not freaked out that we moved 45 minutes away from family to a totally new neighborhood, elementary school and ward? 


Because I just know this is where we're supposed to be. I'm excited. It's been fun. Everything about this is good. We're moving into a larger space that already feels like home, with a cul-de-sac full of kids the same ages as mine. We're putting our mark all over this house and making it ours. We're on the verge of new friendships and adventures and I feel blessed to see this in the moment that it's unfolding. It's a tender mercy Heavenly Father grants me from time to time because He understands my limits.


So that's part of why.


But not all of it. The real reason I'm not stressed about any of this is because of Kenny and blogging. Why would I worry about being anywhere new when I can take all my best friends with me everywhere I go?


And with Kenny, I have the best friend in the whole wide world. We get sleepovers EVERY NIGHT. How cool is that?

13 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Aww. I wanted to make some really snarky slash funny comment, but this post is just too darned nice to mess with.

I'm glad the move went so smoothly! Count your blessings, 'cause THAT is SO not gonna happen again!

Kazzy said...

I seriously can't believe you are still sane. Wow! And the sleepover thing is what gets me through some days.

LisAway said...

This is the most refreshing post I have read in a long time. I am sooooo happy that you are doing so well. I love that you recognize the hand of God in how well everything has gone. Although that shouldn't be a surprise, since that's where miracles come from.

New baby, dental work, end of school, moving. That is just crazy. You must be living right to come out of that (and get through it) with such a happy attitude.

Love the sleepover thing, too.

Susan said...

Awesome. It's so nice to see tender mercies in the moment they are happening. And you're right--sleepovers with your best friend every night. That is heaven on earth.

Kristina P. said...

I loved this! I get to sleep with my best friend too. Even when he tries to tickle me without me seeing.

NIKOL said...

The part about sleepovers every night was my favorite.

I'm glad that everything went smoothly and that you're feeling so good about where you are and where you're headed. That's such a blessing.

becca said...

Yes, Yes, Yes. Good for having your Kenny. And him having you. That is the greatest blessing of all (and your list of blessings is pretty long, anyway!)

Stephanie said...

I've thought before about how technology (phones included) makes all friends just a tiny bit "portable." And I'm glad for that because the circle of support that we sometimes need is not always right where we are.

Unknown said...

I'm with you; a good man and some virtual pals can take the edge off a lot of stress! Plus, it's always nice when you know you're doing the right thing.

And YAY! for a cul de sac full of friends for your kids. That really is a gift straight from heaven.

Carolyn V. said...

I'm so glad your move is going well and you are where you feel you should be. =) Awesome!

jean said...

Congrats on the move. I am guessing that "ward" is a regional word? Does it mean "county" or "town"?

Kenny, the Husband said...

Awww, I love you, sweetheart! You are the awesomest wife in the entire world. I feel so blessed every morning just to I wake up next to you.

Charlotte said...

I've always felt that way about moving, too. It is nice to know you take your BFF with you!