Friday, January 7, 2011

IT'S HERE! IT'S FREAKING HERE!

I am delirious with joy (totally NOT an understatement) because I FINALLY get to show you my book cover for The List. It comes out in March and I just got the go ahead today to show you something I've been keeping quiet for six weeks.

Are you impressed I kept it under wraps for this long? You should be. It was killing me! But I just got permission ten  minutes ago to debut it, so here it is, my book cover!!!!!


Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (Yep, I love it!)

And from the back cover:
Ashley Barrett doesn't want to get married. At least, not anytime soon. She doesn't care how many of her friends and family members and fellow churchgoers had weddings before they finished college--the last thing she needs in her fun-loving twenties is the dead weight of some guy. And that's why she created The List. By the time she completes all twenty-five goals---from learning a language to skydiving to perfecting the art of making sushi---she'll be more ready to settle down. Maybe.


This summer in California is a prime time for Ashley to cross two things off The List: Learn to Surf (#13) and have a summer romance (#17). And Matt Gibson, the best surf instructor in Huntington Beach and the most wanted guy in the singles ward, is the perfect man for the job. Ashley hatches a plan to love him and leave him before heading off to grad school in the fall (#4 get a master's degree). But when Matt decides he doesn't like the "leaving" part, Ashley's carefully laid plans are turned sideways. Now Ashley faces an unexpected dilemma: should she stick to the safety of The List, or risk everything for a man who might tie her down---or might set her free?

33 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

I love it!!!!

Kristina P. said...

I am thrilled for you, Melanie!

Mrs. Nellett said...

Love the cover; so excited for you!!! Can't wait to read it:)

Karen M. Peterson said...

I am SO excited! You're, like, famous and stuff! ;-)

Becca said...

Crazy gorgeous cover. Can't wait to read it (again). Oh, did I type that out loud? :)

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Love it! I'm so excited to read it!! :D

Wonder Woman said...

LOVE IT!!! Can't wait to read it. CONGRATS, GIRL!!!!!!!!

Jenny P. said...

Wahoo!! So excited for you. I look forward to reading it as well.

Annette Lyon said...

It's gorgeous! Yay for MARCH!!!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

It is GORGEOUS, Melanie. Truly. Definitely a cover (and synopsis), that shout out, "Buy Me! I will amuse and entertain you!"

Congratulations!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

book cover looks great eye catching and the book sounds great too.

do you know who is going to publish it?

Amateur Steph said...

Congrats! I can't wait to pick it up!

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

Love it! Your books is on my list to buy! :-) Congratulations!

Susan said...

I told you it was awesome.

I like the changes to the back copy. It's perfect, perfect, perfect!

Sarah said...

Ooooh! I want to read it! Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

Yay! So this is totally not my normal genre, but I'm honest when I say I WANT to read this because it's YOURS. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your restraint is AWESOME! I love the cover, Melanie! Congratulations!!!!!

Melinda said...

I am SO EXCITED to read it!! Awesome cover!!

Sarah M Eden said...

Congratulations. I love the cover!!

Rebecca said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you!!! Maybe I'll ask for your book for my birthday (it's in March too if you couldn't tell)- can't wait to read it.

Heather Richardson said...

Congratulations! What a catchy cover and enticing plot!
Give us all the details when it becomes available.
Nice job Melanie!

Heather Richardson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie Faris said...

I read a LOT of books and I can honestly say that's one I would definitely pick up. I love that cover! Do you have a release date? I'd love to read it when it comes out.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

YAYYYYYYYYYy!!!!!!!!!! It's darling! I love it. That must be the most exciting rush EVER!

I can't wait to read it. Can I? Can I? Can I?

You better fer sure put me on your book tour as a reviewer.

LisAway said...

Uh, is anybody NOT going to pick up that book and read the back when they see the cover?

I NEED this book.

I am extremely excited for you. (and me, in March)

Erin said...

I'm with LisAway (and really, everyone else who has commented). Your book sounds fantastic, the cover is eye candy, and I can't wait to read it!

Kazzy said...

Congrats! Can't wait to read it. :)

Tracy Loewer said...

Awesome! It looks great and sounds like a very fun read.

Heather of the EO said...

Oh lady. It's HEEEERE! Or getting close to heeeere anyway. And I love the cover and I truly cannot wait to read it. For so long I've been wanting to gobble up your whole story.
Congrats!

Shanda said...

Melanie, that cover looks great! Not to mention (though I will) that the story sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to read it. Congratulations!

Shanda :)

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Great cover!!! Makes me want to take off my shoes and walk the beach. Congratulations on your book release in March!

Don said...

Looks great! I'm looking forward to reading it.

Amber Lynae said...

6 weeks.... you have some willpower girl.

It is beautiful. Can't wait until march.