Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Another fun day! It was Eden's birthday. I a little bit forgot because we're celebrating on Saturday. Grant tried to help her celebrate by dropping her on her head from the couch. That didn't go over too well. Beyond that, I think she had a pretty good day, though. I love that she's still my little baby, though. No walking yet, just toothy grins (7 chompers) and lots of hugging and cuddling.


I was going to do a post about online dating today, but I'm exhausted (I helped throw a baby shower tonight and it went late), so I'll do it tomorrow or Friday. But I wanted to remind you that you can win a copy of my new romantic comedy novel, The List, by commenting on this post. That's all you do. Comment. (Oh, and just a little hint: if you prowl around in their sidebar, they have a couple of other cool give aways going, too. You an enter those as well.)


You can win other cool stuff pictured in yesterday's post by following the directions there. It's pretty simple and you've got a shot at some good stuff.


Also, I got a rating on Goodreads, my first from someone who doesn't know me and has no reason to say anything nice about me, and it was FIVE stars. YEAH!


LisAway is reviewing my book today and I have no idea how many stars she'd give me, but I guess we can all take a deep breath and go take a look at her blog. *Inhales . . .* I consider Lisa a good friend. And I don't mean because of how much I like her, and I like her a lot. I mean because she does the things that good friends do, kind and thoughtful and totally unprompted things. She's good people, is our Lisa.


Also a good friend: Susan. Random blog post from her yesterday. Made me all sniffly and what not.


Anyway, start thinking about your online dating experiences, because we're going to have a discussion soon, folks.

7 comments:

LisAway said...

Grant really knows how to party! Glad all seven of Eden's teeth are still intact. I could use some more pictures of that girl. I believe I will go hunt some down on facebook.

I kind of want to write another post or two about The List because the one I wrote doesn't say everything I want known, but in that case I should maybe just start a new blog entitled "I Go On and On About Melanie's books" It could be a very popular blog, maybe.

Susan said...

Aw, you deserved it. You're good to me too. That's awesome about your five star rating!!! So exciting!

Kristina P. said...

Congrats on the 5 stars! You are winning!

Maria Hoagland said...

Congrats on the GoodReads 5-star rating!! I look forward to reading your book.

RaShelle Workman said...

Congrats on the five star rating.

Found you through Susan. A sweetie.

Your book sounds wonderful. Can't wait to read. =D

Dedee said...

Yay for 5 stars! That's awesome!

Online dating. I cannot wait to read about it, but I have no experience in that arena. Are you going to write a book about it?

Karen M. Peterson said...

Such exciting news!

Well, other than Grant testing the strength of Eden's skull.

But so awesome. I'm really happy for you!