Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Throwing the Book at You

It's my Book Birthday!

I did it! I did it! I made a book! I wrote words and then put them together and named some of them and they turned into people who did stuff and then I had a story! And today is the official release day! WHOOHOO!

This is my favorite of the four I've written and I hope everyone loves it as much as I do. This month is going to be about a lot of chances to win stuff. And a lot of talk about gratitude. And a few tales of crazy people from book signings, their identities changed to protect the guilty. And lots of other stuff.

BUT I AM SO STOKED! Whoohoo!!! Did I mention that part yet?

All right, surely you've seen my cute cover over in the sidebar, yes? 

I love it.
Covenant, my publisher, does so right by me.

If you haven't yet, you can read the first chapter here. And if you want to read more, today is your first opportunity to win it over at one of my favoritest blogs, iCandy Handmade, run by my friends Jen and Autie. It's an easy contest: you just comment and name your favorite fashion indulgence and that's it. Hurry on over and then explore the site, because they do some amazing stuff.

And here's the back cover copy for my cute book:
Twenty-three-year-old Pepper Spicer is not living the dream. She ended her engagement at the last minute because fiance—a musician an soon-to-be reality TV star—wanted her to sacrifice her own career ambitions for his. Now she's stuck at home sharing a room with her little sister, trying to pay off massive debt for a wedding that didn't happen, and spending Friday nights Facebook-stalking everyone who has a better life. Her therapist father urges her to choose her career dreams and count her blessings by writing weekly thank-you notes, but gratitude is a tall order when she botches an important job interview and has to settle for writing an undercover dating web-zine column—the last thing in the world she wants to do. Still, as Pepper (byline:Indie Girl) chronicles her bizarre and hilarious blind dates, she gives her father's challenge a try and slowly finds herself leaving self-pity behind. Life takes a major upswing as Pepper's column hits the big time and she tastes the exhilarating thrill of success. But there's one tiny problem: the intensely hot man she's falling for is having issues with her job (again). Will Pepper trade her personal ambition for another chance at love?

9 comments:

Barbaloot said...

Ooh-I hope I win! Granted, I'll own in no matter what:)

Carolyn V said...

Woohoo! Happy B-day book!

I can't wait to read it! Yay official release!

Becca said...

So fun. Happy book b-day (for you, and for all of us who read!)

Donna K. Weaver said...

Can't wait to read this one, too! Happy Book B-day. So do you have more published books now than children?

LisAway said...

Woooo hoooo!

Cajoh said...

Congratulations on your latest publication.

Oh, and Whohoo!

Maggie said...

Congratulations to you. I especially love this book because of the journalist in Pepper ;). Happy release day.

Lara Neves said...

I can't wait to read it!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm so excited to read it, too!