Friday, March 2, 2012

Holy holey, Batman.

I ran around and did lots and lots of THINGS yesterday. Things out in public. Like at Costco. And the park. And three different grocery stores.


It felt good to be so productive, and even better to climb into my pajamas at the end of a long day. Except that when I took off my comfy linen drawstring pants, I discovered THIS:


Why yes, those are TWO GIANT HOLES in my pants.


Here's hoping you all had a better day than I did.


P.S. I think my book TWITTERPATED comes out next week, but I'm excited to hear about any sightings in the wild and sometimes it shows up early. The first person to spot it on a Deseret or Seagull bookshelf and get me a picture of it WINS A COPY of my precious.

13 comments:

Rebecca Belliston said...

That is classic! So that kind of stuff doesn't just happen to me? Thanks for the laugh.

Kristina P. said...

Awesome! I have two small holes in my favorite jeans, in pretty much the same place. Probably from my thunder thighs. I just had them patched up.

Stephanie Black said...

I hate it when that happens :) I once split my pants up the back--REALLY split them, huge split, not a genteel little rip--while helping in my daughter's classroom.

Andrea said...

I haven't been shopping for pants in awhile, but it seems like many pants these days come with holes in them. So, if anyone noticed they probably thought you were just fashionable.

wendy said...

I miss not having a Deseret Book or Seagul where I live.
That's when I make my trips to UTAH I scour them.
Funny how our favorite jeans, just get "airy"

Donna K. Weaver said...

Well, I'm excited to see the new book. Can't wait.

Susan said...

Bahahahaha. I bet you made a lot of people's day yesterday.

Charlotte said...

That is my nightmare. I always forget I'm wearing my grubby, stained cleaning clothes and go out in them. And when I do, I ALWAYS run into someone I know.

Unknown said...

Oh my. You didn't go into nearly the detail you should have when you told me about these pants today

Meradeth Houston said...

My favorite jeans now sport those same kinds of holes--so frustrating. On the other hand, this does make for an amusing story :)

Kazzy said...

A little AC in the pants ain't so bad!

I'll be looking for your book!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I will do the ugly cry the day my favorite yoga pants get holey like that.

Anonymous said...

LOL! That's happened to me before too. ;)