Thursday, November 6, 2008

They must have had a little sumpin' sumpin' mixed in with their coffee...

Some of you don't know that my Google claim to fame is that my blog comes up first if you search "thong bedecked lunatics." That's because of this post. I know a lot of you missed it, so go ahead and check it out. It's funny and (I think) short. Actually, it's not that short and it was before I practiced the religion of brevity and I'm too tired to try to use a smaller vocabulary sometimes and that post was one of those days (and so is today), but it's such a bizarre story that it's still worth checking out. You can start with "So that's where I was this morning." Do it. Do it now.

Go ahead. Really. I'll wait.

Did you read it?

Just so you know I don't make stuff up, here's the video evidence. You can even see me at the end (I'm pretty much the only dork with short sleeves), stumbling around because I'm trying to avoid being in a random YouTube clip which I ended up in anyway looking like an even bigger loser than usual.



So now you know you should just believe everything I tell you.

15 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

I've always believed everything you told me. Was I not supposed to before? Oh, and I didn't click your link but that's just becasue I actually read that one the first time around. But it was funny. And look at you, youtube famous.

Annette Lyon said...

I'd forgotten about that post until you mentioned it. They really are just as insane as you described. I swear, that Asian chick on the left looks like she could catch flies with her mouth, it's open so big the whole time.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Totally noticed the asian chick as well. Wow. They seriously look like they're on something.

Of course, that's coming for the perspective of a human slug, so...yeah...

Congrats on, just this once anyway, being the normal one.

Dedee said...

Oh my heavens. That might be the funniest thing I've seen today and I didn't even make it past 15 seconds!

Reminded me too much of the kick boxing class I used to take. I loved it but it was crazy!

Stephanie said...

(new visitor.) All I can say is I couldn't have made it nearly as long as you did, even without the bridal lunatics. This brought all of my gym issues right to the surface. I think I'll stick with the treadmill on the back wall. :)

*MARY* said...

"Thong bedecked lunatics" is exactly how I found you!

Kristina P. said...

I don't even know what a "bedecked" is!

And I so need to find a class just like that. Except, I would wear the thong without the shorts.

Anonymous said...

How long did you have to search before you found the YouTube video?

I have NO IDEA how I would have responded to this situation, but this hasn't helped me overcome my deep fear of public exercise classes. At least I'm unlikely to ever have to discover for myself whether I would stick it out or flee. I guess you could call mine the pre-flee approach.

LisAway said...

So I couldn't tell who you were in the first maybe 20 seconds and I was starting to feel a little sick so I shut it off.

Next time you feel you need to prove your honesty, please do it in a less revolting way.

:)

Nicole said...

Hysterical.

nano*ink said...

dang - the picture doesn't come up for me...but I read the post...you're the besT! I'd rather read about that than the politic junk I've been getting...grrr can't I just stick my head in the sand and wait for the 2nd coming?

Anonymous said...

I a little too disturbed to laugh. That was a little nutty. I love you tube for certain things, but I will never understand how things like this get views. Unless, of course, you were some poor soul trying to work out in the back of that crazy crowd.

This does not motivate me to get to the gym. And I need to be there!

Heather of the EO said...

Um...

Um...

Um...
I actually did believe you, but to see it like this is so...

um...

um...

Jessica G. said...

Oh...my...

Now, when I go to sleep tonight, I will be chased by hordes of white-clad booty shakers trying make me wear a polka-dot thong!

Amateur Steph said...

Wow! They look so insanely happy (and crazy). You could turn that in for a Twilight Zone episode. (Too bad that show isn't on anymore)