Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm making kissy lips

You know how you walk in your kitchen and you're like, "Wow, that's a lot of dishes to clean up. I should get right on that," and then you go clean your blog instead? Because that's what I'm doing today. It's either clean my blog or clean my house. Like it's a contest. Whatever.

First, I'm giving away a MAC lipstick and gloss. Yippee! If you win, I'll send you the link to pick the colors you like but I suggest Viva Galm IV with the matching gloss. Why am I giving this away?

I have no idea. It sounds fun.
To enter, please tell me your favorite beauty product because I like to find new stuff. I finally found a mascara I love, but I'm open to more suggestions there. Shampoos, shower gel scents, eyeshadows....it's all good. If you're a dude and you want to win this lip business for your lady (or yourself but I'm totally judging), then you can enter by suggesting your favorite dude grooming stuff so that I might get an idea for what to get my husband.

And for those of you who couldn't care less about lip gloss or lipstick, I have a second giveaway. It's a tag that goes like this:

The first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive a handmade (or possibly store-bought) gift from me during this year. When and what will be a surprise. There’s a small catch though…Post this same thing on your own blog and then come back and leave a comment telling me you’re in. Remember, only the first 3 comments receive the gift!



This goes to the first three people who comment and then come back to let me know they've posted this on their blog to pay it forward. And even though it says when and what will be a surprise, I'll tell you the what. Pecan praline fudge, mint chocolate fudge or choclate covered cinnamon gummy bears as blogged about here. Who wouldn't want something that looks like this:
I used to console myself about my craft deficiences with the knowledge that I can cook. I didn't count on FOOD RELATED CRAFTS. So just know that despite the way they look, they're super yummy.

And if you don't want lipstick or handmade tasty bits, then how about a really cool food mandolin like the one my friend Jen is giving away on her Skinny Habits blog? I even post recipes I really like over there sometimes. And you guys thought I was just good for laughs. I'm good for laughs AND the occasional roasted red bell pepper and tomato soup recipe.

And if you don't want lipstick or handmade tasty bits or a really cool food mandolin, how about Josi Kilpack's book, Lemon Tart, being given away here? Huh? Huh? I want it. I'm entering.

And I was totally going to go off on a tangent here and explain about my no teeth pictures due to comments from Annette and Miss Heidi, but that would clutter my blog up and I'm trying to clean it. So maybe that will be tomorrow.

Whew.
And seriously, this is annoying, but after all that, I think I'm still going to clean my house.

When did I become a grown up?

27 comments:

LisAway said...

Oh! FUN!

I just refilled my travel size bottle with Cztery Pory Roku krem do rąk. It is the best krem do rąk EVER. Oh, and that means hand cream. My hands go from dry and old lady looking to if-I-go-into-a-jewelry-shop-for-sure-they'll-beg-me-to-become-a-hand-model. It absorbs very quickly and is not at all greasy and smells nice-ish (the green tea one, anyway). And it costs about a dollar for this big 130 ml tube.

But you might not find it over there on the west coast. Or in America at all.

Choooooooclate covered guuuuummy beeeeears! Drool, drool.

I'm posting in a few hours and will see if I've come back in time to be one of the three. . .

That Girl said...

You don't have to send me anything, seeing as the postage would be over-the-top ridiculous.

But how about just sending me recipes and how-tos instead? I mean, I've never EVER had chocolate covered gummy bears. And I love chocolate. And gummy bears. It sounds like a match made in heaven.

Teach me, teach me, oh wise one!

charrette said...

Ummm...I'll take the Viva Glam IV and the Chocolate Cinnamon Bears to go...please.

But speaking of Mac, have you tried O? :)

Debbie said...

Oh man. I am number 4. Oh well.
Beauty secret? Well, here's one a 6 year old told me once - always brush your teeth. I have tried that and it is a great tip! Who would have known.
I used to absolutely adore Bath and Body Works Purely Silk lotion for my dry skin. It worked great and didn't make my hands sweat or feel gross after I put it on. Naturally, they no longer make it. Don't you hate it when that happens?

Erin said...

I am in love with the Peppy Mint skin cream on this page:

http://www.genevaspringsonline.com/creams.php

I put it on my feet every morning after my shower, and they tingle. And I use it about 15 times a day on my hands.

Fun giveaway!

Heather of the EO said...

Dr Pepper lip smackers.

Stephanie said...

I don't use a ton of makeup, but I do like Neutrogena's Healthy Defense tinted moisturizer w/ sunscreen. I've never been a foundation girl, but I like this because it's really light and evens out my color a little. And I always buy Loreal Lash-out mascara. It's my favorite.

The Gossiper said...

I live in the UK, so you don't have to take this as an entry...but I'm currently re-evaluating my beauty products (age change, life/job change...)

These are my keepers:

Clinique Continuous Rescue Antioxidant Moisturizer. I have very dry, very sensitive skin.

Clinique almost make up-see above, plus I, like Steph, don't like a lot of gunk on my face.

Burts Bees lip-balm. I even pay the extra extravagant import price for this.

St. Ives 24 hour moisture. I know, it looks a little dodgy, what with claims about Swiss water and being made in L.A., but it absorbs well and keeps my crocodile skin away, and its cheap.

Aussie super shine hairspray (it might have a slightly different name in the states, but I used to buy it there so I know they have it). I don't use hairspray often, but when I do, this isn't sticky or gunky, even by the end of the day.

Annette Lyon said...

Lately I'm just loving the UB hand lotion. It brings be joy.

Those fudgy things almost look like dog droppings. But I'll trust they're really tasty. :D

Kristina P. said...

I love Lip Smackers. I have like 10 stashed all around the house.

earlfam said...

I just want to know about good mascara because I hate mine but I'm afraid to spend money on something new because the last time I did that I hated it even worse.

janabananagirl said...

My newest beauty love is Clinique's Almost Makeup foundation. It is a bit on the pricey side, but it is so light and makes my skin feel great and a little goes a loooong way. I think the tube I have will last me the better part of a year, which is more than I can say for the cheap stuff. Oh, and the best part? It's sweat-proof and SPF 15. Yay!

Please share your mascara find! I'm in need of something better than the stuff I'm using now.

Aubrey said...

Those chocolate covered cinnamon bears sound dee-lightful, and now I'm starting to feel sorry for myself. I only have an apple to hold me over until my lovely frozen lunch. They have a cart of all sorts of goodies over in the hospital. Am I lucky enough to find chocolate covered cinnamon bears? Probably not, but I still might have to investigate.

Bath and Body Works has some awesome stuff, but they are notoriously bad for discontinuing your favorite thing immediately after you discover it. The lemongrass face scrub was the best, may it rest in peace. :(

Heidi said...

I so totally wear make up but nothing exotic, just drug store stuff--so, sorry, no help. I just don't have a lot of patience for make up. I see it as a necessity, not as a fun thing--I'm old like that.

Jules AF said...

FYEye from Benefit. It changed my eye makeup. I LOOOOVEEE IT.

Alyson | New England Living said...

I love your endless list of alternate prizes and contests. hehehehe

I'm loving Olay Regenerist Serum right now. Oh, and the Regenerist microdermabrasion/peel set too. My winter skin is loving on this stuff!

Luisa Perkins said...

KAVI's skin care ROCKS. I love their Coral Skin Care Bars and their acid washes.

Trader Joe's Citrus Conditioner smells like orange PEZ and works great. Mmmm, PEZ.

I love Mary Kay Ultimate Mascara.

Santa gave me these two gorgeous Sephora nail polishes in my stocking this year; the colors are "The Queen of Everything" and "Because I Said So."

He also gave me some uberkewl Exfoliating Foot Care Cream from L'Occitane. You'd think Santa were a metrosexual, or something.

There: now you know all my secrets.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

BEST MASCARA EVER! Lancome--hypnose or definicils, but get the cils booster to go under. AWESOME!! Pinky promise.

And shampoo, HANDS DOWN--Matrix--Sleek Looks (orange bottle)

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I love Arbonne's skin care line, Mac powder foundation, and Got 2 B shampoo for when I'm having trouble waking up...

Alison Wonderland said...

I don't really wear lipstick but sometimes I think I should. I could, but I don't have any good stuff. *Hint, hint!*

The end.

Kazzy said...

I have pretty good lips (says the guy that sleeps next to me), so I love glossy lip things. I am a cheap skate with make up, so I buy whatever is cheapest at the moment. But lips all the way!

Elder Ostergar said...

Love the perfume Happy by clinique, but that's not too oringinal. My favorite is an oldie but goodie and never goes out of style. Baby lotion. Love it and everyone always tells me I smell good when I wear it.

Luisa Perkins said...

I forgot to mention Cinnamon Eco-Dent Tooth Powder. I'll never go back to toothpaste again.

Dedee said...

~snigger~

I'm so impressed you grew up, even for a minute!

Dedee said...

Oh, and since I'm a closet Mary Kay consultant, everything I say about make-up will be biased, but I do love their micro-derm-abrasion set--probably more than anything else on the line, except maybe the Satin Hands set.

(How do you spell that correctly?)

nano*ink said...

I use lipstick ALL the time.
Aveda foot creme has been lovely lately.
I also like the bare escentuals (what a spelling...grr!) Tease mascara with long and short bristle brush on the same wand thingy...

orchidfae said...

definitely Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers all the way!