Friday, November 12, 2010

I know where I'm spending the evening . . .

Yesterday was one of those days, crazy and fun, but mostly crazy.


I took the kids to an outdoor concert, came home and spent the afternoon writing (and possibly playing a little Scrabble on Facebook). I rushed James to the airport at five so he could catch a flight to his dad's for the weekend, then sat beside him and read furiously, hoping to finish Persuasion before book club at 8. I interrupted myself to take a phone call to discuss the road show themes that had just come in (congratulations (?!) are in order: I'm a playwright now. Ha.) and we had to claim ours first, plus give them our top three song choices on a theme we'd known about for approximately two minutes. Then I read some more, James's flight took off, and I rushed to the furniture store to pick up the chaise we ordered. 



You have my permission to love it, cuz I do!


On the way home from there, I got another call from the road show director that we would be getting our second choice for a theme and as we hammered out more song options, I walked in the front door to discover a heaping pile of Grant's puke scented bedding, clearly dropped over the stair railing by a husband so wiped he was crashed out on our bed with the lights blazing while he snored the snore of the exhausted. I scooped up the puke sheets and threw them in the washer, made it to book club an hour late, and sat on the floor in a daze for the rest of the night, rousing myself occasionally to make stupid jokes.

It was one of those days.

Know what?

I love my life.

12 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm in love with that chaise. Such a perfect reading nook.

I hope Grant's feeling better today!

charrette said...

That chaise makes up for it all! Even the puke.
You rock.

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

LOve, Love, Love it!!!!!!!! So glad you found something to go in your reading room! I am so going to copy you! :-)

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I LOVE that room! So many books! Love the chaise as well. Someday I'll have a room like that. :)

Alison Wonderland said...

How is it that you can make your life look perfect? I'm here often enough that I know that it's not and yet I occasionally find myself wanting to swap.

Susan said...

I love those days. I think you and I are the kind of people who thrive off the electricity of being busy and being around other people.

Great chair to crash in at the end of one of those days.

Kazzy said...

Busy, but full of family and books, and cool furniture. I guess the puke sheets were not good. Sorry about that one.

Becca said...

Ooooh. I want the chaise, too. Gorgeous.

And you know what? We love your life, too.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Lub lub lub the chaise. So perfectly placed among all those luscious books! MMMmmmmm

I lub your life too.

Heidi said...

Love your library. And a backyard full of roses too. So jealous. (You can keep the puke,though. . )

LisAway said...

Too bad you don't have any responsibilities or anything to do. You must be so bored. Good thing you have a veeeery nice place to lay and be bored.

Nette said...

I really like it. Great little niche. ;o)