Monday, February 14, 2011

A cool gurl.

One of the coolest blogs I read belongs to a girl named McGillicutty. She's fourteen (thirteen?). Her dad and my husband were in a college band together. Their family hangs out with ours sometimes. We like them. A lot.


Anyway, I'd send you over to read her blog but I don't know if her mom would like that and unless I hear differently, you'll have to take my word for it that this girl is a Cool Chick. Great taste in books and movies, etc. 


But wait . . . I suppose I could give you a sample. Here's an excerpt from her blog today:


*Scaffy (her little brother) lost ANOTHER tooth! his teeth are falling out like popcorn. anyways when his last one fell out he left a note for the tooth fairy, asking questions like 'Are you a boy or a girl?' 'What do you do with the teeth?' stuff like that.

And the amazing Tooth Fairy (coughMoicough) answered him thusly:

"Dear Scaffy,
Thank you so much for your letter! I love hearing from children. I hope you understand that the work of a fairy must remain a mystery, so I cannot answer all your questions. But some of them I would be delighted to answer! I am not from your planet Earth. I live in the realm of the teeth, that no human could ever hope to see. In my realm, I plant your teeth like seeds in my garden, and from the seeds grow trees with money on them! Also, I have never lost a tooth myself. That is one of the reasons why I find teeth so interesting. How big am I? I've never actually measured myself, so I don't know for sure. Lets just say that I am big enough to lift your head from your pillow, but small enough to fly out your bedroom window (and yes of course I can fly!) Thank You again for your letter, Scaffy. Enjoy spending your money!
Love,
The Tooth Fairy


You rock, McGillicutty. You so rock. And yes, the rest of you may be jealous now that you don't know her.

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I see a writer in the making!

Susan said...

I love the idea that she plants teeth and money grows. Why didn't I think of that? I told my kids that they make castles out of the teeth. And I got that from a book. Totally unoriginal.

Becca said...

I love girls. That is so excellent. If her mom gives permission, I'd love to sneak over to her blog.

Barbaloot said...

So now is Scaffy gonna start planting teeth to see if he gets money? :)

Melinda said...

I love that! You're right, I AM jealous I can't read her blog!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

She had me at "thusly." LOVE!

Karen M. Peterson said...

She definitely sounds like one cool kid! Funny and talented. Plus, I like anyone who uses the word "thusly."

Unknown said...

I know McGillicutty. Personally. Yep. I'm that connected.

Migillicutty said...

WHOOOOOO!!! Oh yeah I am POPULAR!!! I just enjoyed how parents always say "Money doesn't grow on trees!" so Now it does. Ha! :)

Oh, and there's a link to my blog if you click on my name :)

ShanimalsCrackers.blogspot.com said...

Hi, I just stumbled upon your blog and am a new follower!

ShanimalCrackers.blogspot.com

I liked "teeth falling out like popcorn." That was a good description written by that girl. She's gonna be a writer someday.

Alison Wonderland said...

Migillicutty is indeed awesome, and we're related!

Debbie said...

I've read a few blogs of some fairly young writers and I've been so impressed!

Lara Neves said...

Wow. I have never come up with a good reason for the tooth fairy wanting to pay for teeth! Look at that...best reason ever!

Yes, I am jealous that I don't know her.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

That is so awesome! I hope she thinks about becoming a writer! I'm jealous I can't read more! :)

Kent and Krista Stevenson said...

Hey melanie! I just found your blog and am going to be following it now. :) I am excited to read your book too. I can send you an invitation to view my blog if you want. Email me your email address. lud05001@hotmail.com

Migillicutty said...

http://sarsahm.blogspot.com :)

By all means, read more!

Dedee said...

Love this! I might steal it soon!