1. Grant decided three weeks ago that he wanted to potty train. We have had exactly one accident. Is he a genius?
2. Homework with my 11-year-old = death by paper cut.
3. My book is listed as #12 in the popularity rankings on the Deseret Book site (romance category). And it's not even out yet. Cool. Thank you, pre-ordering friends of mine.
4. Having a guy in book group is interesting. It definitely adds a new dimension. I like it. Also, the guy is my husband. Bonus.
5. I think I'm going with the second template for my "dating" site. No, I'm going to commit. I am definitely going with #2.
6. Meat that marinates for two hours? Good. Meat that marinates overnight? Yummmmmmmmm...
7. I found a dress I love for my beach-themed book launch party. Want to see? I love:
9. I think I would marry Becca's green smoothie recipe if I could. It has saved me from mindless afternoon snacking. It is yummy and as another bonus, I feel virtuous every time I drink one.
10.. My friends Jen and Autie started this website and it's awesome. Go check it out and you will see the coolest craft project I've seen in a long time. Necklaces out of repurposed sweaters:
They're giving me one to give away when I do my book thing, but if you want to win before that, you can go here.
They're the only friends I contacted to give away stuff during my book craziness because I just loved that necklace so much. But it occurred to me I was being kind of exclusive, and I felt bad. If you have a side business or an Etsy shop and you'd like to offer something in my upcoming blog giveaways, let me know. Each week has a theme, so if it fits one of these themes, I'd be glad to promote it for you. (Um, don't be offended if it turns out I'm not sure it fits one of these themes. I can do a give away for you another time, but I kind of already have it in my head how I want this to go.)
3) Writers and writing
4) Readers and reading
I've already got some pretty cool stuff but this is a case where maybe more stuff really IS better.
Oh, let's go ahead and turn this all the way up to 11.
11. I am losing weight. Slowly, but I'm losing it. How cool is that?