Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I need your brains

Warning: I'm not proofreading tonight. Let's all just deal, okay?


We are having a super fun vacation in Washington DC at the moment or I'd be blogging and commenting more. However, I need to mention here like I did on Facebook that our house is being house-sat by a large man with a large dog and a large gun, so don't rob it, or cause it to be robbed, okay?


I'm actually popping in for just a second to ask a favor from creative friends. I need a title for a workshop I'm doing in August for a 16-stake midsingles conference. The conference theme is Mission: Possible (as in "With God, all things are possible.") My workshop is on Internet dating. And now I need a title for it. 


This is what my brainstorming has produced so far: 


Mission Possible: i-Date? Yes, You.
Mission Possible: How to Have Great Online Dating Experiences
Mission Possible: One Click Dating
Mission Possible: Online Dating is NOT Home Shopping


And, yeah. You see why I need help. I don't even need this to be phenomenal. Just good enough not to embarrass me when my name shows up next to the workshop title in the program. Also, it should make people want to come to the class.


If I hadn't just taken an Ambien to cope with my kids deal with jet lag, I'd offer some kind of prize. But I'm a little foggy right now, so I think I'll leave it at begging for help.


Help?

11 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Mission Possible: Charlie Sheen Says Online Dating is WINNING!!

Mission Possible: Not Everyone You Meet Online Is a Rapist or Pedophile

Catchy, right?

Unknown said...

Haha Kristina!!
How about:
Mission Possible: When marriage is on the line.

Yeah, probably not any better than yours.

Barbaloot said...

Wish I could help---but Kristina's ideas blew me out of the water:) At least I read the whole post even after reading you didn't proof-read like my inital gut reaction directed:)

I do like the Home Shopping option. Good luck!

Becca said...

Titles are painful. So I am no help to you at all. I just stopped by to say I like you. This is all. Enjoy your vacay.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I like Kristina's. All I could come up with was:

Mission Possible: Online Dating is for Normal People Too

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I read KP's comment and then had to wait until I had pulled myself together before I responded. She, a beneficiary of online dating herself, can attest that not all of them are rapists or pedophiles.

OK, how about "An Online Dating Tutorial"

Or a title that uses online symbols or terms, like "www" or "@" or "http." Something like "i-d@te," which just takes your idea and adds the @ cleverness.

Clearly, I got nothin'.

Stephanie said...

How about
Mission Possible: From virtual to real-deal dating

or Mission Possible: Type your way to the Temple. ha ha ha, I'm totally kidding about that one.

Okay.

Mission Possible: Dating in the Digital Age

Mission Possible: Success in Cyberdating

whatever. I tried.

Dedee said...

I would love to offer some advice, but wow, have I ever been out clever-ed.

I was so very glad that I had nothing in my mouth for the typing your way to the temple one. I'm still laughing.

You? Are awesome. Your commenters? Also awesome!

Stephanie said...

Clearly I have nothing better to do than think of catchy titles for your workshop so I'm back.

MP: Online dating that won't self- destruct in 30 seconds. (get it?)

MP: From profile to worthwhile--Hope for online dating.

I'll stop now.

Melinda said...

I like the click away one, and of course Kristina's, but thats a given. Hmmmmmm, how about:

Mission Possible: Finding your spouse with the click of a mouse (OOH! IT RHYMES!)

My brain hurts, thats all I got.

Susan Corpany said...

I like "Dating in the Digital Age." It has a little alliteration, but it isn't trying too hard to be clever or cute. It just tells it like it is.

My husband and I met online in 1999and had a courtship that spanned the better part of two years with 6,000 miles between us, from Hawaii to Florida. We had dates in eight different states. We celebrated our 10th anniversary last year.

I've taught a similar class at BYU-H Education Week, so if you want to pick my brain, I'll ship it over.

Susan