Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Speaking of the gym...

If you haven't been reading my blog long, then you don't know my claim to fame: my blog comes up first if you Google "thong bedecked lunatics."

It's because the people in my kickboxing class are crazy, which I wrote about here and here. You wouldn't believe the nutiness that goes on in there. They seem to have a theme just about every week. If it's not a holiday, then everyone's dressing up for a birthday or a bridal shower. Somehow, I never seem to get the memo about the costumes. That's probably a good thing because if I did, I'd rip it up and stomp on the stupid memo. I hate memos.

Anyway, since it's a holiday today, I though I'd share a two minute clip from my class a week ago. It was dress like a leprachuan day or some nonsense. The hyper Japanese girl in front is Turbo Yumi who records and posts these things on YouTube. I'm the goofy one on the left in a light gray tank top, black pants, no green. NO GREEN. Because I didn't get the memo. Which I would have ignored anyway. And every time you see me on camera, I look like I don't have the first clue what I'm doing. Because I don't. Which is fantastic, since you can see me several times. In my defense, this is the first time through this section for the day. We'll end up doing it three or four times and I've always got it by the second go round, but the first time through...well, I just look pathetic. (I show up about 30 seconds in).




After viewing this on YouTube with me tonight, my son said in total seriousness, "Mom, do you think someone some where in the world is watching you and making fun of you right now?"

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

26 comments:

CountessLaurie said...

Please assure your son that I was not laughing at you. You have my utmost respect for attempting that madness.

I was however making fun of the psycho in the front, the one you called "hyper".

Anonymous said...

I think it was very nice of them to flash to you every time they were starting a new move. That way everyone can see how well you watch and pay attention, instead of just how well you can do the moves once they've been going on a while. You come across as a thoughtful learner!

heehee.

Alison Wonderland said...

But you were starting a little spinny thing at the end there, I saw you. See you can shake it up with the best of them!

Kristina P. said...

Oh, this takes me back. I was just like you. And it makes me sad.

Alyson | New England Living said...

Holy cow! How does anyone keep up with such insanity?! I applaud you for doing it.

earlfam said...

Every time I see these I just think it's so strange that someone records their kick box class and posts it on youtube. Really, that is weird isn't it?

I also think that I wish I weren't too cheap to pay for a gym membership, 'cause classes are fun.

Debbie said...

No. We are not making fun of you. I can't even get dressed without falling down or taking a nap. My hat is still off to you. My green hat.

Cajoh said...

Don't worry— you were not the only one who didn't get the memo. Erin Go Brah

Stephanie said...

Your gym SCARES me. You are one of the bravest people I know because you keep going back. If anyone ever had a reason to quit exercising....

That Girl said...

And my respect and awe for you just multiplied exponentially.

Anonymous said...

Ditto what everyone else said -- I'm just in admiration that you brave that roomful of loons, I mean enthusiasts.

It does look fun, in a disturbing sort of way.

(I clicked on another of Turbo Yumi's videos in which she's wearing a shirt that says "TURBO IS MY LIFE." Somehow I think she's telling the truth about that.)

Emily said...

No wonder you go to this class! It's completely entertaining and you loose weight!

Nice comment from your son. :)

Still laughing btw. (at the class, not at you)

Annette Lyon said...

This was only slightly less distrubing than the bridal one.

Unknown said...

Well I am EXHAUSTED! And also now slightly afraid of you.

For what it's worth, I think you're the HOTTEST one on your row (in a totally not blesbo kind of a way.)

And I think the asian chick is really a very flexbile android. Nobody moves like that in real life.

Chris said...

OH MY! I was at the gym today TWICE today and your ONE routine makes me more tired that all that time!!!

WOWSA!

This whole staying in shape (or in my case, getting in shape) business is for the birds, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Okay. That is hysterical! Now I kinda wanna be in that class! That main chick is great! And smiling the whole way through!

I can't believe they post this on YouTube....every class? Wow.

And to me you DID look like you know what you were doing. Nice job,

:-)

Tom said...

Now that's an entertaining video. I've only tried aerobics on a few occasions and I can totally relate to everyone in the back of the class who look like they were born without any coordination. Tell your son that posting this will just make people respect you more for being brave.

Kazzy said...

I love aerobics and miss it so much. Now I just play basketball once a week, but nobody tapes us. You looked cute, btw.

Jessica G. said...

Sometimes our children are paying way too much attention to the things we do.

Heather of the EO said...

I think I saw you spin around in a circle when no one else did that. But that's OK, because the people in the green pants are really really scaring me, so that's pretty much all I can think about.

That was so much fun!!!

Luisa Perkins said...

Them're some krayzees. I'm very impressed with you for not laughing hysterically throughout.

Kristin said...

Who needs the thirty day shred when you have this??? Will you teach this at HFPEnrichment? :) jk

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

I don't know how you go to kickboxing class over and over again!I think I know how you do it... you go home laughing.. which is one of the best excercises you can do! SMILE!

Shaka said...

wow! you are not kidding! that is a CRAZY class!
people aren't watching and laughing at you-they are laughing at those crazy ladies!!!!!

Dedee said...

Oh, now I miss my kickboxing class--although I have to admit that my instructor does a lot more boxing and a lot less dancing around.

But then my instructor doesn't to the crazy green short's memo things!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Once again, we have definitive proof that the human race is in SERIOUS trouble.