Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Randomness

Here's the rest of the story to yesterday's post, courtesy of Kenny the Husband in the comment trail:


Ah, see my wife is being very kind to my reputation by leaving out the best part:

Our 10-year-old: I want to go inside now.

Me: That's fine. But I'm not tucking you in. I want to watch the rest of the meteor shower.

Our 10-year-old: Fine.

Me: Oh, you know...you can just ask Ulysses to tuck you in. I think he went into the house about 2 minutes ago since someone, as in a "ten-year-old someone", failed to close the screen door behind him. If you don't see him in your room, check your closet or under the bed. That's where he likes to hang out.


Now you know.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Dear Brandon Sanderson:

Is it really so hard to use vowels? I mean, is it wrong? Here, it's like this. Kaladin =  good name. Tvlakv = aargh! I understand that these imaginary people don't speak English . . . but I do, and I'm the one who bought your book. Help a girl out, mkay?

~A huge fan, despite the vowel lapse thing
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 
The winner of Mockingjay of the fantastic people who donated to Eliza's marathon craziness is . . . Becca Wilhite! Yay! And if you have this, or don't want it, I'm a good book picker outer, so you can try me and I'll think of a different great book to send you. 
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The above giveaway reminded me that there was another giveaway I offered and then never announced a winner for. It was for naming the two colors in this post. There was an excess of superfantastic answers but the winner is: NIKOL, who won me over with wordplay. She suggested In the LIME of Fire and Electric Raspberry Slurpee. But it was the lime joke that done got me. (Btw, she and I both have sons with the middle name Atticus. Cool club, party of 2, anyone?)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
We got a housekeeper. I can't decide if I'm lame or smart.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
All right. One more confession and I'm gone. I totally watch Bachelor Pad. Do think I should get vaccinated? I'm pretty sure the skankiness is bad enough that I can catch something through the TV.

Peace out, homies. (I'm on a mission to bring back lame 90s slang. Yo.)



12 comments:

Susan said...

Bachelor pad? Seriously? I get shivers get thinking about that show. I have to change the channel when a commercial of it comes on.

Becca, pick Mockingjay and then you can come comment for real on my blog post.

Melanie, My mom paid for me to have a housekeeper for about six months after I had my youngest. It was such a luxury. So I say, It's a smart move (yes I was trying to be funny), unless she steals all of your stuff. Then it was a stupid move.

Kristina P. said...

I can one up your skankiness. Surprised, no? Not only do I watch "Bachelor Pad", but I also wear Britney Spears perfume.

evitafjord said...

Bachelor Pad is my secret skanky pleasure too. My husband is hooked on Dating in the Dark haha. (not hooked, hooked, but he made me rewind to the beginning so he could watch the whole thing)

Melinda said...

I watch "Bachelor Pad" too--psych! (There's my 90's slang for ya!)

Your husband sounds a lot like my husband, except 10x more clever! My husband would've come up with 'Bob' or something. haha

Becky said...

Apparently I should be watching Bachelor Pad...? :)

Skankiness baaaaad. Housekeeper goooood. (Enough vowels for ya?)

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Oooh, yes, you should be vaccinated fer sure.

And I'll pass the message to Brandon since he sits behind me in Sacrament.

You're welcome!

LY!

Your hub rocks!

ha hahahaha your verififer says cowdinge

Andrew & Sarah Clawson said...

Thanks Melanie for letting me know that I'm not the only one that secretly finds Bachelor Pad somewhat entertaining!

Alison Wonderland said...

I'm pretty sure that you have caught something from that show. I'm just wondering if I'm going to catch it reading your blog (you know, since you caught it from the TV and all...)

Becca said...

Books me likey! Really? Thank you. I'm so excited. And I'll be patient and not steal the copy my 13 is reading right out from under her cute nose.

Thank you! Thank you!

And I still love you, even if you may have possibly contracted skankiness microbes. I'm sure you'll wear it well. :)

Heidi said...

Housekeeper equals smart. No vowels in words is not. Sorry Brandon.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I once KNEW a guy named Ulysses and he totally looked like a homeless guy. Freaky.

Housekeeper=brilliant. Neil offered once and I've always regretted saying no. Stupid stupid stupid.

Unknown said...

Just so you know, a housekeeper is like crack. Once you start, you're addicted.

And Crash, will you ask Brandon Sanderson if I'll go to you-know-where if I say you-know-what in my novel? Cuz it's become a thing.

And I don't watch Bachelor Pad. So I guess that makes me totally superior to everyone here. Unless, of course, Bro. S tells me I can't cuss in my novel.

Then I'm hosed.